Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Should Dwyer Start Ove Redman???? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91364)

Goldsteel86 09-16-2012 07:14 PM

Should Dwyer Start Ove Redman????

If I had my say for one game I would say yes, just because of the way Dwyer attacks the line of scrimmage, I say start Dwyer! :tt03:

pittpete 09-16-2012 07:17 PM

Re: Should Dwyer Start Ove Redman????

Does it really matter who starts except to Redman and Dwyer?

OX1947 09-16-2012 07:18 PM

Doesnt matter. It is running back by committee the entire year.

Goldsteel86 09-16-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittpete (Post 1029794)
Does it really matter who starts except to Redman and Dwyer?

It depends, do you want a back that attacks the line or someone who waits and waits, and waits, eventually leading to a negative play. Dwyer seems to fire the OL up when he runs the ball, the OL seems to be revived with a spark of life, I say give him a shot.

pittpete 09-16-2012 07:23 PM

In all honesty there was not much running room for either today
Based off this game, I'd say the line needs to step it up in the run game
Am I missing something because the run lanes were not there until late?

Goldsteel86 09-16-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittpete (Post 1029801)
In all honesty there was not much running room for either today
Based off this game, I'd say the line needs to step it up in the run game
Am I missing something because the run lanes were not there until late?

I love Redman don't get me wrong but Redman has tunnel vision sometimes he is a big back who doesn't necessairly keep that big body turned up field and those legs going, if he would hit the hole the same way he did last year and the same way Dwyer is this year he should start, until then let Dwyer continue to hit it hard.

pittpete 09-16-2012 07:28 PM

Well, it could be a confidence booster for Dwyer and create a competition and incentive for Redman to go 110%

dyce23 09-16-2012 07:32 PM

Dwyer looks serious this year. He seems to run with more determination, and he has no problem lower his shoulder. The O-Line DEF. needs to step up for either to have success, but I think Dwyer is the better back at this moment.

FrancoLambert 09-16-2012 07:35 PM

Dwyer is noticeably more aggressive this year, especially when taking on contact and finishing his runs. He's also showing the ability to stay on his feet after contact.
I'd keep rotating Redman and Dwyer and give more carries to whoever is hotter that day.
I think it may end up being Dwyer more often than not. Seems like he's driven this year.

Bayz101 09-16-2012 07:36 PM

Both Redman and Dwyer run tough, but I expect to see multiple running backs a game anyway.