Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sky still falling? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91389)

Steelerfreak58 09-17-2012 10:00 AM

Sky still falling?

Ravens and Patriots lose... Steelers win...

Parity in the NFL folks... ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

Rick5895 09-17-2012 07:59 PM

Re: Sky still falling?

Where all the over reacting doomsday people now?

El-Gonzo Jackson 09-17-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick5895 (Post 1030206)
Where all the over reacting doomsday people now?

In their bunker with tinfoil hats on and going over game replays to try and find some really negative stuff to say.......despite a lobsided win.

tony hipchest 09-17-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson (Post 1030239)
In their bunker with tinfoil hats on and going over game replays to try and find some really negative stuff to say.......despite a lobsided win.

:chuckle:

theyre still bitching about manning shredding the steelers DBs in week 1.

GoFor7 09-17-2012 11:23 PM

I'd say it's half and half. Good to get a win, but Sanchez is a huge drop-off from Peyton Manning.

Hawaii 5-0 09-18-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFor7 (Post 1030275)
I'd say it's half and half. Good to get a win, but Sanchez is a huge drop-off from Peyton Manning.

so is Carson Palmer fortunately, we should be 2-1 going into the bye week and hopefully have a healthy Troy and Deebo again thereafter.

El-Gonzo Jackson 09-18-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 (Post 1030285)
so is Carson Palmer fortunately, we should be 2-1 going into the bye week and hopefully have a healthy Troy and Deebo again thereafter.

And Mike Vick is also a dropoff from Peyton Manning...and Brandon Weeden, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Tony Romo, Matt Cassell, Jake Locker, Philip Rivers, Bob Griffin 3 etc are all a dropoff from Peyton Manning.

That is how to hedge your bets. If the Steelers win, they were facing inferior competition. If the Steelers lose, then its all because they will not go 5 wide and try to have Ben throw it 50 times a game.

Again, the sky is falling checklist :
-in the bunker- check
-tinfoil hat - check
-negativity at all cost - check

Bayz101 09-18-2012 01:06 PM

Only thing that matters is that we when enough to make the playoffs. I could give a shit who we beat early in the season, but if we're losing in December, throw in the towel. We can't heat up early on and fizzle out when it matters. We're NOT the Patriots. Going 16-0 doesn't mean shit when you finish 18-1.

TRH 09-18-2012 01:52 PM

I'm still not sold on our defense........the one thing i did like is that LeBeau/Tomlin had them come out in the 2nd half playing with emotion and some fire (that was absolutely lacking in game 1 and the first half of game 2....i would likely attribute that to a half-time dress down in the locker room).
If they can keep that up, i'm interested in seeing how things progress going forward and Troy coming back.

Rick5895 09-19-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1030423)
I'm still not sold on our defense........the one thing i did like is that LeBeau/Tomlin had them come out in the 2nd half playing with emotion and some fire (that was absolutely lacking in game 1 and the first half of game 2....i would likely attribute that to a half-time dress down in the locker room).
If they can keep that up, i'm interested in seeing how things progress going forward and Troy coming back.

As the season wears on we are going to have to rely less and less on the D. We put up 27 on the jets with an average offensive effort based on our talent. When this O starts clicking 27 or more points will be the norm, taking pressure off the D.