Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Its time for Casey to tap out (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91596)

Curtain_of_Steel 09-23-2012 05:35 PM

Its time for Casey to tap out

They are pushing his fat ass all over theplace. If McClendon had such a great camp, why are we not seeing more of him?

casteeler 09-23-2012 05:36 PM

Re: Its time for Casey to tap out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel (Post 1031764)
They are pushing his fat ass all over theplace. If McClendon had such a great camp, why are we not seeing more of him?

Maybe he didn't, this defense hasn't added much defensively in a few years

FrancoLambert 09-23-2012 07:33 PM

And we might want to add Keisel to this list.
He looks immobile, gets no push, and is slow to react.
Sad but seems true.

ETL 09-23-2012 07:37 PM

our DL in general is not playing as well as DL units in the past.

But their job is not to get pressure on the QB - its our LBs and I don't see the pressure that I am used to seeing

Goldsteel86 09-23-2012 07:38 PM

Big Snacks has lost it big time, he is fat and relies on being fat to make a difference. LeBeau needs to think about playing some of the younger players like Heyward and T'eamu (SP).

tony hipchest 09-23-2012 07:41 PM

i had assumed mclendon straight up won the starting job in the pre-season. i wonder if the team has been giving hampton a free pass?

i agree that keisel pretty much seems to be a non factor all year.

steelfury02 09-23-2012 08:37 PM

young players? Why the heck not - even if all it did was give them a little spark I'd say it is worth it. It cannot get worse in terms of being beat off the line of scrimmage or getting push. It seriously cannot get any worse. SERIOUSLY. DO IT.

Darkstorm05 09-23-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1032159)
i wonder if the team has been giving hampton a free pass?

When he survived the offseason cuts I think it was pretty obvious something was up. He makes way too much money to just be here for the hell of it. If he's really our best option, we're in trouble.

lipps83 09-23-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelfury02 (Post 1032259)
young players? Why the heck not - even if all it did was give them a little spark I'd say it is worth it. It cannot get worse in terms of being beat off the line of scrimmage or getting push. It seriously cannot get any worse. SERIOUSLY. DO IT.

Because Dick's defense is too complicated. It takes at least 4 years to even figure out which position you play in it.

I am tired of LeBeau, sorry if I am in the minority but I think that ship has run its course.

GoFor7 09-23-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipps83 (Post 1032284)
Because Dick's defense is too complicated. It takes at least 4 years to even figure out which position you play in it.

I am tired of LeBeau, sorry if I am in the minority but I think that ship has run its course.

Maybe it's time for LeBeau to simplify things for the younger guys.