Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What and Embarrasement (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91607)

70sSuperSteelers 09-23-2012 07:54 PM

What and Embarrasement

The Miami Dolphins destroy this team and Pittsburgh cant even beat them, what and embarrassment This team blows, it is and embarrassment to the whole Steelers organization and every great Steeler team. I blame the head coach more then anyone. It is obvious the great defense that the Steelers have been known for fails to even exist any longer. With every team that is good at passing beats them. And no injury excuses, great coach's find a way to get a team fired up and win ball games. The Steelers secondary is as porous as swiss cheese. What a joke and embarrassment please move the team to Rochester or somewhere else and rename them, they dont earn the name Pittsburgh Steelers...

TRH 09-23-2012 07:57 PM

Re: What and Embarrasement

the performance part was embarrassing, yes.......but what truly makes it a bona-fide embarrassment is the lack of passion. No one fired up, no one playing with heart, soul, and aggression on that defense. Thats what makes it really an embarrassment.
The players on defense look like they're "just hanging out", moping around. I at least give Woodley the benefit of the doubt, as even when he's getting manhandled or can't get involved, he at least looks like he's trying and like he's got a fight in him. Can't say that for the others.

grward 09-23-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1032193)
the performance part was embarrassing, yes.......but what truly makes it a bona-fide embarrassment is the lack of passion. No one fired up, no one playing with heart, soul, and aggression on that defense. Thats what makes it really an embarrassment.
The players on defense look like they're "just hanging out", moping around. I at least give Woodley the benefit of the doubt, as even when he's getting manhandled or can't get involved, he at least looks like he's trying and like he's got a fight in him. Can't say that for the others.

Well said! When is the last time you saw our D fired up????

LVSteelersfan 09-23-2012 08:08 PM

Ryan Clark is the other player that plays fired up. Timmons had some good plays today and at least showed up for once. Chris Carter sucks big time. They get as fired up as Tomlin which isn't much. I would like to just once see Tomlin fired up. And where is the famous Haley fire?

steelfury02 09-23-2012 08:11 PM

Right now Ben is sighing because he knows all the D apologists are wondering where Haley's fire was. Him and Ben thought scoring 31 points on the road would have been enough since it was the Steelers D and all - but damnit, they "shoulda scored at least one more time"

EDIT: LVSteelersfan, I'm not really getting on your comment, I'm more or less making fun of the situation. Wouldn't have a lot of Steelers fans taken a 31 pt performance from the O on the road? This O really does look more effective, but gosh damnit, now our D might look like a liability lol For once, how about some effectiveness on both sides of the ball! That is what is frustrating for me!

btaylor179 09-23-2012 08:12 PM

our defense is no longer......what a joke/never gonna win playing like that

tony hipchest 09-23-2012 08:16 PM

what is and embarrasement is the OP said "what and embarrasement" not once, but twice. :doh:

:jerkit:

Bayz101 09-23-2012 08:18 PM

Tony, heres my suggestion: Close this thread, and anymore made alike. I may not be able to on the PS3.

tony hipchest 09-23-2012 08:27 PM

people... there are plenty of threads to post your rants and andbarrasement in. keep in mind your tears or whining are no more important than anyone elses and dont deserve their own speciall little thread. that is what twitter and facebook is for. this is a discussion forum and there are plenty of other similar discussions on this taking place on the front page. feel free to join them and voice your displeasure along with the masses.

:cheers: