Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots loss (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91634)

Galax Steeler 09-24-2012 04:02 AM

Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots loss

Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots loss

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: Sept. 24, 2012 at 12:38 a.m.
Updated: Sept. 24, 2012 at 01:17 a.m.

A night of pushing, shoving and questionable calls in Baltimore ended the only way possible: with controversy.

The Baltimore Ravens beat the New England Patriots 31-30 on a last-second field goal that didn't necessarily look like a last-second field goal. Justin Tucker's kick seemed to go over the upright as time expired and immediately was called good.

In the aftermath, Patriots coach Bill Belichick wanted some explanation or a possible review (although field goals that go above the uprights aren't reviewable). As the officials ran off the field, Belichick ran after them. He grabbed at one official as he passed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

TRH 09-24-2012 07:25 AM

Re: Bill Belichick grabs ref after controversial Patriots loss

the officiating in that game was AWFUL -

that said...i wonder what it feels like to be Belechik, the Pats organization as a whole, and the NE fans, to finally see your team not coddled, babied, and favored by the referee's for a change. Ouch. Hurts, doesn't it??

On the plus side, maybe Kraft's 'closeness' with Goodell can have some kind of effect on getting a deal done with the real refs.

PATS16N0 09-24-2012 11:22 AM

It takes all my enthusiasm for this season right out of me.
I think comparing last night to the perception that Brady has gotten a few roughing the passer calls it comparing apples and cinder blocks.

That game was outright rape by the officials, from kick off to "field goal*"

How is a team supposed to win a football game, even if their offense marches on opposing defenses, and even if their defense stops opposing offenses, if the officials call back TD's for outright BS and give the team getting stopped unlimited 1st and 10s on phantom penalties?

If you think this was some sort of sweet justice for the Steelers to watch the Patriots get raped like that, thats your call, but it will happen to you, too.

Really want to see this happen in the post season? Really want to have play off games just be a total crapshoot and mean nothing? Because thats what that Raven win was worth last night - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

TRH 09-24-2012 03:23 PM

honestly, i've seen the replay a hundred times.....he just wanted to know why it was called good (and rightly so). I've also watched the replay a hundred times of that too, and i'm convinced that kick missed.

MasterOfPuppets 09-24-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPatriots (Post 1032587)
It takes all my enthusiasm for this season right out of me.
I think comparing last night to the perception that Brady has gotten a few roughing the passer calls it comparing apples and cinder blocks.

That game was outright rape by the officials, from kick off to "field goal*"

How is a team supposed to win a football game, even if their offense marches on opposing defenses, and even if their defense stops opposing offenses, if the officials call back TD's for outright BS and give the team getting stopped unlimited 1st and 10s on phantom penalties?

If you think this was some sort of sweet justice for the Steelers to watch the Patriots get raped like that, thats your call, but it will happen to you, too.

Really want to see this happen in the post season? Really want to have play off games just be a total crapshoot and mean nothing? Because thats what that Raven win was worth last night - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

already has...:noidea: infact this injustice is happening league wide not just to the patriots. at the begining i thought how can it be any worse than it was before ? now i know it can be.
personally i think some penalties such as pass interference should be reviewed by the booth.

SteelCityMom 09-24-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1032694)
already has...:noidea: infact this injustice is happening league wide not just to the patriots. at the begining i thought how can it be any worse than it was before ? now i know it can be.
personally i think some penalties such as pass interference should be reviewed by the booth.

I'd say maybe even all of them. Can't take the booth any longer than the replacement refs to decide a call.