Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dan Fouts (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91643)

jtbsteeler 09-24-2012 09:35 AM

Dan Fouts

Had no problem showing his bias against us... He yapped about a borderline hit buy Mundy then in the replay towards the end went silent as a mouse as #79 plowed into Ziggy's knee while he was being blocked. Not even a sniff. I could see that Foote was beyond pissed. I would hope that he would unleash in the locker room.

Then a bogus call on Gilbert was called and I noticed that the Raiders olineman was doing that every play to get ahead of Woodley coming off the edge.

There were alot of convenient calls to help the Raiders. We fumbled but its hard to beat the bogus refs as well.

steelfury02 09-24-2012 09:39 AM

Re: Dan Fouts

Dan Fouts came right out and said that the Raiders were the reason his teams didn't advance any farther - I actually liked him during the first half - but, it had to be hard not to praise the Raiders in the 2nd half - they completely took momentum away from us and wanted it more - of course things are going to sound a certain way when 1 team outperforms the other in the 2nd half

I was more pissed about the guy on the ground launching up into Ben's legs

TRH 09-24-2012 11:41 AM

Fouts = great QB. Terrible analyst.

steeltheone 09-24-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1032565)

He was a great QB

Blitzberg06 09-24-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1032565)

Reminds me of John Madden.. Great Coach terrible analyst.. Dear god I couldn't take it.

FrancoLambert 09-24-2012 05:39 PM

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

tanda10506 09-24-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 (Post 1032698)
Reminds me of John Madden.. Great Coach terrible analyst.. Dear god I couldn't take it.

I thought Madden was a pretty cool commentator, couldn't have done a play by play but he new the game and he was funny. Bad ass sig by the way.

As far as Fouts goes, I've never liked him as an announcer, but then again I like very few announcers (Gregg Gumble and Al Michaels are the only one's I actually like).

silver & black 09-24-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

There were alot of convenient calls to help the Raiders. We fumbled but its hard to beat the bogus refs as well.
It does suck, doesn't it?

I have to laugh when I hear/read complaints about refs and calls. You have no idea how ironic it sounds to Raiders fans when it comes from other fan bases. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets 09-24-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver & black (Post 1032735)

I have to laugh when I hear/read complaints about refs and calls. You have no idea how ironic it sounds to Raiders fans when it comes from other fan bases. :chuckle:

you just no something isn't right when the "penalty kings" have 1/3 the penalties as the opponents....:doh:

Bayz101 09-24-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver & black (Post 1032735)

You guys haven't had a winning team in years, but I like your chances of succeeding under Palmer. Losing teams fan bases ALWAYS amplify the bad calls, when in reality, it's just one of the many things that piss you off at the end of a Sunday.

I live in Ohio. Cleveland fans NEVER shut up about the bad calls. It's all I ever hear. I see a pattern, although i'd never put the Raiders at Cleveland's level.

EDIT: Just now seeing that you're in Ohio, too. I'm in Mansfield. The Cleveland fans here are AWFUL.