Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ben goes no-huddle- Ditches Haleys playbook (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91654)

tony hipchest 09-24-2012 03:14 PM

Ben goes no-huddle- Ditches Haleys playbook

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-...source=twitter

Quote:

Ken Laird

about 16 hours ago

Ben Roethlisberger says he called plays against Oakland that weren’t in the playbook:

After the 34-31 loss to the Oakland Raiders, Ben Roethlisberger commented on how he felt the offense played, saying "I felt like offensively we kind of did the things we wanted to do; no huddle the whole second half. It felt like we moved the ball down the field; there were plays out there that I called that weren’t in our playbook. I know it sounds crazy; things that we’ve had from years past that guys were on the same page and it worked. I take my hat off to the line, receivers, tight ends, because they made plays."

i dont care that he DID this, whatever works, right? but it sure does seem to be undermining the authority of his coach especially when he announces it to the world. certain things should stay in the locker room.

the fans and media have no idea what playes were kept or culled from the playbood simply by watching the games and frankly its nobodys business but the players and coaches..

does ben just not think before he speaks or is he purposefully trying to get a rise out of his bosses?

good to see he has replaced arians as the biggest mouth in the south [side].

Bayz101 09-24-2012 03:20 PM

Re: Ben goes no-huddle- Ditches Haleys playbook

Like you said: Whatever works.

The offense of the first half was just as effective, so I doubt Ben was saying anything as a shot at Haley. Notice Laird made the headline "Ditches Haley's Playbook".

Problem with Ben is that he's overly honest with the media, and if there's a sliver of controversy, especially after a loss, up for grabs. They'll take it, and they'll take it the papers.

Darkstorm05 09-24-2012 03:24 PM

Maybe he loves blowing up Steelers forums. I really wish he'd learn to say "No Comment".

SteeleReign 09-24-2012 03:26 PM

I wouldn't assume that Ben was rebelling against Haley. Maybe Haley has given Ben the freedom to call "what he wants" in certain instances? I know it doesn't sound like the Haley we've heard about, but maybe it's a sign of two professionals trying to work together.

Millers the sh!t 09-24-2012 03:28 PM

I said hed be doing this before week one ever started. I don't care he did it, but I wouldn't go bragging about it. Bens crazy man.... He's trying to start the drama the media wants.

stb_steeler 09-24-2012 03:34 PM

Who the hell does he think he is?....Peyton Manning?:rofl:
Seriously tho, i thought the offense did great!!!

Steelers>NFL 09-24-2012 03:39 PM

Yes the offense did do great job. Except for costly fumbles.
But man, there are some things you say and share. And there are some that you don't.
Big Ben is full of big dramas.

Hawaii 5-0 09-24-2012 03:39 PM

Roethlisberger Claims He Called Plays Not In The Playbook

Monday, September 24th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Despite the 34-31 loss to the Oakland Raiders on Sunday, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a solid performance, and evidently that performance included him calling some plays that weren't even in the Todd Haley Rosetta Stone playbook.

Ken Laird of Trib Live Radio reported via Twitter after the game that Roethlisberger, who was 36-of-49 passing in the game for 384 yards and 4 touchdowns, said that he called plays from years past.

"I felt like offensively we kind of did the things we wanted to do; no huddle the whole second half," said Roethlisberger via Laird. "It felt like we moved the ball down the field; there were plays out there that I called that weren’t in our playbook. I know it sounds crazy; things that we’ve had from years past that guys were on the same page and it worked. I take my hat off to the line, receivers, tight ends, because they made plays."

Well, this certainly might cause a stir, but you have to admit that the way the running game has performed over the first three games, combined with how well Roethlisberger has done running the no-huddle, that it is not too surprising that things have gone off script in the new offense.

Roethlisberger is a unique quarterback and his playing style can't be mimicked. He just makes plays, even if it looks like it is school yard in nature. He is going to take sacks as a result, but he his also going to make plays more often than not. Just look at his career numbers on third downs.

This should make for an interesting bye week for sure, and if Haley, or Art Rooney II for that matter, both think they are going to be able to change the way Roethlisberger plays, they both have another thing coming. The Steelers quarterback wants to throw the ball and he is not going to be happy, or effective, unless he does it the way he has throughout his career.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09...-the-playbook/

Kanata-Steeler 09-24-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stb_steeler (Post 1032657)
Who the hell does he think he is?....Peyton Manning?:rofl:
Seriously tho, i thought the offense did great!!!

I agree,
how dare that washed-up-old James Harrison tell Ben(after we lost the SB to GB): "...Get over it already, You're NOT Peyton man, you're just $PAID$ like him !..."
Fortunately, it's now up to Haley and Ben to make a "peyton" outta him. -so LISTEN, Ben, your "daddy" Ariens is long gone chump, so ya, James is right.!
So Here We Go Steelers', here we go !!!
Onward and Upward "O",NOW pleeez, before our "D" gets too old to remember. !
;)

Bayz101 09-24-2012 03:42 PM

Oh lord, here we go. The media got a hold of it and now we have to listen to it for two weeks. I swear i'm going to tape Ben's mouth shut. :chuckle: