Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Why the Steelers? Convince me (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91662)

superguy 09-24-2012 05:10 PM

Why the Steelers? Convince me

Hello,

I grew up in NY my whole life, and now I am in Columbus, Ohio, for school (Ohio State). My parents were Jets fans, and I absolutely hate the Jets. I only liked Revis, but recently I paid attention to how much of a baby he was about his contracts and now he has a torn ACL. And don't get me started on Tebow.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the following teams, one of them to be my new favorite team:

Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Giants
Titans
Raiders
49ers

I know you guys will tell me to be a Steelers fan. I'm told that the Steelers have the best fans, and I've done research on all of the mentioned teams. So far the Steelers seem like the best fit for me.

I like: good old fashion running and tough defense; games with snow and rain that get really messy; teams that play hard and have a promising future; as an upperclassman at Ohio State, I love tailgating. I also like teams that don't really have one huge star, they kinda just play as a team. The Steelers seem to have all of these things I like, yet some of the other teams I've mentioned also have all of these things (although not as winning).

What makes being a Steelers fan different from being a fan of another team? Convince me to be a Steelers fan.

Bayz101 09-24-2012 05:24 PM

Re: Why the Steelers? Convince me

Most of us grew up Steelers fans, and it's something that runs in all of our families. The Steelers are one of the toughest defenses when healthy, and they have a dangerous offense led by Ben Roethlisberger.

The running game hasn't been great in recent years, but the runners we do have are tough as nails, yard for yard running backs.

Head on over to our home page, and read the "Steel Past" column on the left-hand side of the page. Plenty of history their. I recommend you hang out here on the forum in two weeks when we take on the Eagles at Heinz Field. Next week is a bye week.

Homepage: http://www.steelersfever.com/index.html

Here's some Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorials: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials.html

Fans? Oh yeah. We have the best.

[YOUTUBE]X_su5VjvI1w[/YOUTUBE]

Bayz101 09-24-2012 05:28 PM

[YOUTUBE]7arZ2WUruic[/YOUTUBE]

MACH1 09-24-2012 08:03 PM

Then theres this.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PrMTqBqF7S...i+Trophies.jpg

ZIGGY0246 09-24-2012 08:58 PM

Been a Steelrs fan since the early 70's and grew up in Boston. What drew me to them is a love of smash mouth football and a owner that stands behiond his coaching staff no matter what. since the early 70' 3 owners and 3 coaches what other team can clam that.

Yes i do take a lot of greif for my choice from, family and freinds but my respone is how many tropies are in your case we got 6

MasterOfPuppets 09-25-2012 11:36 AM

so what you're saying is you're a "free agent" fan ?

we don't negotiate with free agents after the season starts....:chuckle:

superguy 09-25-2012 05:53 PM

Okay, I'm sold. I asked the same question on some other forums and they had nothing. Except for the Giants - got some guidos yelling at me about how "dope" the Giants are. I don't think I wanna be associated with those idiots.

Anyway, I'm proud to announce that I'm a Steelers' fan. They are the only team in the league that is a consistently winning team in the right ways - through good old fashioned coaching, balls-to-the-wall playing, etc. Ben is good but it's not like he carried the team - Steelers, from what I see, play as a team and everyone helps out. The Ohio State Buckeyes follow the same code (as far as I can tell - I could be wrong, I'm no football genius), and that's the football I know and love. I enjoyed watching the Steelers last season but I stopped watching them after I saw the 49ers defense, Alden Smith specifically, hit Ben Roethlisberger on almost every play - that's what initially turned me on to the 49ers for a while, and I stupidly forgot about watching the Steelers.

I hope it is okay to let me into your group. I am a very loyal and dedicated person in everything I do. I will be a good and devoted Steelers fan. I hope I am not viewed on this forum as a "bandwagoner" or "not a true fan".

Bayz101 09-25-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superguy (Post 1033155)
Okay, I'm sold. I asked the same question on some other forums and they had nothing. Except for the Giants - got some guidos yelling at me about how "dope" the Giants are. I don't think I wanna be associated with those idiots.

Anyway, I'm proud to announce that I'm a Steelers' fan. They are the only team in the league that is a consistently winning team in the right ways - through good old fashioned coaching, balls-to-the-wall playing, etc. Ben is good but it's not like he carried the team - Steelers, from what I see, play as a team and everyone helps out. The Ohio State Buckeyes follow the same code (as far as I can tell - I could be wrong, I'm no football genius), and that's the football I know and love. I enjoyed watching the Steelers last season but I stopped watching them after I saw the 49ers defense, Alden Smith specifically, hit Ben Roethlisberger on almost every play - that's what initially turned me on to the 49ers for a while, and I stupidly forgot about watching the Steelers.

I hope it is okay to let me into your group. I am a very loyal and dedicated person in everything I do. I will be a good and devoted Steelers fan. I hope I am not viewed on this forum as a "bandwagoner" or "not a true fan".

Everyone is welcome here. Stick around a little while. I guarantee you'll grow into a hardcore fan over the next few years. We have a great team.

Did I hear Buckeyes? I'm a HUGE Buckeyes fan! Mansfield, Ohio native.

stb_steeler 09-27-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1033003)
so what you're saying is you're a "free agent" fan ?

we don't negotiate with free agents after the season starts....:chuckle:

hope hes not a pennant picker....:doh:

Bayz101 09-27-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stb_steeler (Post 1033545)
hope hes not a pennant picker....:doh:

The Browns we're on his list of teams to research. He's not a pennant picker. :sofunny: