Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thank goodness (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91664)

Steelerfreak58 09-24-2012 05:47 PM

Thank goodness

for the early bye week! Never thought I would say that before but I think its needed.

Bayz101 09-24-2012 05:57 PM

Re: Thank goodness

A blessing in disguise. Hopefully Harrison and Polamalu both play after the Bye Week as it's been reported several times. Seems some bullshit always happens and the "estimations of return" are never correct.

As for Mendenhall, I don't want him back unless he's 100%, and I maintain that stance and point of view all the way. No reason in rushing him. Literally.

Fire Arians 09-24-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1032756)
A blessing in disguise. Hopefully Harrison and Polamalu both play after the Bye Week as it's been reported several times. Seems some bullshit always happens and the "estimations of return" are never correct.

As for Mendenhall, I don't want him back unless he's 100%, and I maintain that stance and point of view all the way. No reason in rushing him. Literally.

Judging by all the reports (if indeed truthful reports), it seems like Mendenhall has been fully active in practice, and probably could have played 2 weeks ago if they really needed him to play. They just are being careful with his return by easing him back in after the bye week.

At least that's just me reading into press clippings, but it sounds as if he's healthy.

Harrison is someone we definitely can't do without. I'm sure a lot of offenses play us differently when we have this madman chasing down qb's

Jpeezyiseternal 09-24-2012 06:04 PM

I read on steelers.com that it was good timing for a bye week because we could rest up polamalu, harrison, and sylvester. i read that sylvester was out all year....i guess that was a rumor?

Fire Arians 09-24-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpeezyiseternal (Post 1032761)
I read on steelers.com that it was good timing for a bye week because we could rest up polamalu, harrison, and sylvester. i read that sylvester was out all year....i guess that was a rumor?

never heard sylvester out all year, he's expected to be back. spence is out for the year though.

tanda10506 09-24-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 (Post 1032752)
for the early bye week! Never thought I would say that before but I think its needed.

Agreed. I don't think the defense, even when fully healthy, is capable of being a top defense anymore. If we continue to play the big cushion on defense then we may be towards the bottom of the list, BUT I still think we have enough talent to win IF LeBeau abandons the big cushion defense. We don't have top CB's, but the defense sure looked a lot better vs the Jets last week and vs the Pats last year when they were playing man coverage, as opposed to playing the big cushion BS like we did against Oakland and Denver (and many other teams last year). I think the offense is good enough to win the majority of our games if the defense will at least slow the other team down and make a few stops, but we may actually be 3rd in the division if if they continue to play the way they did yesterday. Having Harrison and Troy back will be great, but IMO the bye will only make a difference is someone tells LeBeau to stop playing the big cushion defense.

tanda10506 09-24-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1032760)
Judging by all the reports (if indeed truthful reports), it seems like Mendenhall has been fully active in practice, and probably could have played 2 weeks ago if they really needed him to play. They just are being careful with his return by easing him back in after the bye week.

That's what I thought too. I agree with Bayz that there is no need to rush him, and I'm not certain that a less then 100% Mendy would be much of a help, but it does seem like he's ready to come back according to everything I read too.

Steelerfreak58 09-24-2012 06:39 PM

I am just honestly relieved that the team gets a rest this early in the season. After yesterdays debacle letting them rally, recuperate, and analyze/asses can only be a plus. ( I hope) LOL