Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Seattle defeats Green Bay amidst greatest Ref controversy of the year (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91676)

TRH 09-24-2012 10:56 PM

Seattle defeats Green Bay amidst greatest Ref controversy of the year

Wow. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, the ending of the Packers/Seahawks was bizarre, crazy, and officiated to a point of embarrassment and humiliation.

This time - i think the NFL will stand up and do something about it. There will be a huge public outcry over this. Wait until all the sports shows tomorrow morning.

Phantom interference call, then a receiver PUSHES over a defender and is not called for pass interference with a ref standing right next to them, and an INT or a catch, whatever it was, that will be debated to the end of time.
I think this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Look for the real guys to be back. No one's going to put up with this......

tony hipchest 09-24-2012 10:57 PM

Seattle defeats Green Bay amidst greatest ref controversey of the year

wow. just wow.

sad thing is, it was an exciting finish and will probably only draw more fans.

get ready for the shitstorm in the AM

:popcorn:

Bayz101 09-24-2012 10:58 PM

Re: this might be the end of replacement refs...

I'm in shock.

SteelMusic 09-24-2012 10:58 PM

It should be. It's the WWF in '89 out there right now.

GoFor7 09-24-2012 10:58 PM

Re: Seattle defeats Green Bay amidst greatest ref controversey of the year

The Packers got ****ed in the ass real hard by the refs.

MACH1 09-24-2012 10:59 PM

Yep.

As I posted in the other thread if I hear a suckhawk fan bitching about the refs again I'm going to punch them in the throat.

SteelMusic 09-24-2012 11:02 PM

And it doesn't help that the media isn't asking tough questions. I would be like..."How do you explain the last play. It clearly looks like the defender immediately possessed the football. How do you feel about winning like this?"

tony hipchest 09-24-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFor7 (Post 1032865)
The Packers got ****ed in the ass real hard by the refs.

if the steelers lost in this manner, i would agree. if the steelers won, i would point out that the packers defender never had full control PLUS make a football move.

sure he had the ball closer to his chest as gruden pointed out a hunnerd times, but it jostled and tate, maintained his hands on the ball with his back on the ground.

tie goes to the offensive player.

either way its FUBAR and the regular refs woulda been demonized just the same regardless of the outcome.

tony hipchest 09-24-2012 11:08 PM

golden tates push off was much more of a blown call than anything else.

MACH1 09-24-2012 11:12 PM

I'm not to sure about that ruffing the passer call on the GB interception either.