Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   James Harrison Leaves Steelers Facility Prior to Wednesday Practice (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91756)

Fire Arians 09-26-2012 01:27 PM

James Harrison Leaves Steelers Facility Prior to Wednesday Practice

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09...sday-practice/

not good

:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

Fire Haley 09-26-2012 01:37 PM

Re: James Harrison Leaves Steelers Facility Prior to Wednesday Practice

'Harrison might need micro-fracture surgery on the knee"

oh joy

StainlessStill 09-26-2012 01:39 PM

And the good news just keeps on comin!

Shawn Merriman anyone? We need a body to rush the f*ckin passer. ANYBODY! Fat Worlids and Gildong-Widelooprush Carter isn't getting it done.

maddog78 09-26-2012 01:48 PM

They're going to have to change up scheme to be successful now. Playing CBs off the line and rushing 4 isn't going to cut it.

Fire Haley 09-26-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessStill (Post 1033262)
Shawne Merriman anyone?

IF Harrison is done we NEED to go get a pass rusher - I don't care who - any warm body is better than the stiffs we got replacing him.

StainlessStill 09-26-2012 01:59 PM

The more I think about it, the more I'm getting ancy with the window of this defense. Seeing guys like Keisel and Hampton out there taking away reps from guys like Heyward and McClendon is starting to get to me.

Not only that, but watching Seattle's first round pick the other night (Bruce Irvin) tear shit UP for the Seahawks defense had me thinking all over again about our own Sean Spence and what could have been.

Losing Harrison is going to be a sloberknocker, and not in a good way.

Atlanta Dan 09-26-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 1033261)
'Harrison might need micro-fracture surgery on the knee"

oh joy

The microfracture surgery possibility was the steelersdepot blogger's addition to Ed.B. tweeting that Harrison left practice - but it definitely is a bad sign

Still mystified why the issue with Harrison's knee lingered into late Augsut without surgery until then

He clearly would not go this Sunday - hoping for the best something works out before Oct 7

Fire Arians 09-26-2012 02:07 PM

if harrison is gone for most/all of the year, i don't think troy returning healthy will matter much to how the defense performs. the scheme is designed around pressure from the linebackers and right now, the only linebacker we have that can get to the QB is woodley

Atlanta Dan 09-26-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1033271)
if harrison is gone for most/all of the year, i don't think troy returning healthy will matter much to how the defense performs. the scheme is designed around pressure from the linebackers and right now, the only linebacker we have that can get to the QB is woodley

Which gets back to Timmons underperforming on his contract - Foote has played better than I expected but pressure up the middle on some pass rushes would help

Harrison has been wearing down since 2010 and the idea Timmons was the next great LB looks more and more dubious

tony hipchest 09-26-2012 02:13 PM

our scheme is designed around NT and De's taking up multiple blockers to free the LB's to get pressure on the qb's thus providing opportunities for our secondary to stop the pass.

everything works in concert.

mcclendon and heyward are incapable of taking up multiple blockers. sure they look great in practice but they are practicing against our offensive line who cant run block or prevent a sack for shit.