Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   All-22 look on DMac's long TD run (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91768)

maddog78 09-26-2012 03:18 PM

All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
This is from another forum I read. Not my work, but exceptional breakdown of the long TD run. Disturbing analysis of the breakdown on D by Timmons and Snack.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=9408980

steelfury02 09-26-2012 03:23 PM

Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
good grief. That is some god-awfulness right there.

maddog78 09-26-2012 03:26 PM

Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
Not sure what they were thinking giving Timmons all that coin. It would be one thing if the DL let a guard tie him up, but he was totally lost on the play.

Atlanta Dan 09-26-2012 03:33 PM

Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1033333)
Not sure what they were thinking giving Timmons all that coin. It would be one thing if the DL let a guard tie him up, but he was totally lost on the play.

Timmons was Tomlin's first draft pick and the organization has always been committed to him - he has all the physical tools and has seemed ready to bust out since 2009 (when Foote spent his year in exile in Detroit since Timmons was being handed his starter's job). But this is Timmons sixth season (Lambert was going for his 4th Super Bowl at that stage of his career) and if he is nothing special by now I doubt he ever will be.

Being so high on Timmons as the future stud at ILB may be why they passed on Sean Lee and selected Woirlds even though Lee supposedly was ranked higher on the Steelers draft board

FrancoLambert 09-26-2012 05:05 PM

Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
When I watched the game for the second time paying close attention to the big plays, I couldn't believe how many half-assed attempts at tackling were so obvious in that 1 play.
It sums up the play of our D (so far) in a nutshell. Weak effort by all on the D.

Fire Arians 09-26-2012 05:46 PM

Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancoLambert (Post 1033358)
When I watched the game for the second time paying close attention to the big plays, I couldn't believe how many half-assed attempts at tackling were so obvious in that 1 play.
It sums up the play of our D (so far) in a nutshell. Weak effort by all on the D.

pretty much. raiders just wanted to win more, and they did.

teegre 09-26-2012 05:49 PM

Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 1033337)
Timmons was Tomlin's first draft pick and the organization has always been committed to him - he has all the physical tools and has seemed ready to bust out since 2009 (when Foote spent his year in exile in Detroit since Timmons was being handed his starter's job). But this is Timmons sixth season (Lambert was going for his 4th Super Bowl at that stage of his career) and if he is nothing special by now I doubt he ever will be.

Being so high on Timmons as the future stud at ILB may be why they passed on Sean Lee and selected Woirlds even though Lee supposedly was ranked higher on the Steelers draft board

1. Timmons had an amazing 2009. Other than that, he has sorely diappointed.

2. I really wanted Navorro Bowman (but would have been happy with Sean Lee... obviously).

2-a. I had heard that they were targeting Toby Gerhart... and then, MINN jumped ahead of them.

2-b. At that point,t he pass-rush was the biggest problem. And, after Timmons' outstanding 2009 season, it made more sense to go after Harrison's eventual replacement. Alas, alas, alas...

2-c. Still, regardless of the need at OLB, Farrior was just as old (as Harrison). And, if Sean Lee (or Navorro Bowman) was more highly ranked (as I have heard, about Lee, on numerous sites), it baffles me as to why Worilds was chosen.

teegre 09-26-2012 05:50 PM

Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1033362)
pretty much. raiders just wanted to win more, and they did.

Amen!!!

Wheeler & Seymour were ATTACKING and trying to STRIP. They were uber-aggressive. The game was played at two different speeds.

Bayz101 09-26-2012 05:52 PM

Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
Timmons hasn't had many oppourtunities to rush the QB over the last three years. It seems like when Goodell started moving the NFL into a passing league, Lebeau's gamplan's followed that as well.

Edman 09-26-2012 06:21 PM

Re: All-22 look on DMac's long TD run
 
Timmons was pretty good in 2009 and 2010. That's why I'm not getting too low on the guy. He has the stuff and has shown it.

First and foremost, if there was ever a reason to believe Hampton and Keisel need to see the bench, this is it. Surprised to see no one comment how ineffective they are. Once again, this is all on Dickard and Mitchell hating production out of our Young D-Line.

mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=9404756

Ziggy Hood was a beast near the end of 2010. How was he rewarded? He was benched for the opening games of 2011 for a aging and decrepit Aaron Smith as we endured embarrassments in Baltimore and Houston.

Cam Heyward got a sack in the Jets game to close the game out. How was he rewarded? He got only Five Snaps in Oakland while we watched Keisel get thrown around for Four Quarters.

Steve McClendon is a beast in Training Camp and had a beastly preseason. His reward? Riding the bench while we watch Casey the Hutt flubber and flail in our 15th Ranked Run Defense.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum