Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers cautiously optimistic on return of Harrison, Polamalu, Mendenhall (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91889)

Steelersfan87 10-01-2012 09:01 PM

Steelers cautiously optimistic on return of Harrison, Polamalu, Mendenhall

Steelers cautiously optimistic on return of Harrison, Polamalu, Mendenhall (read more)

Fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers should feel cautiously optimistic on the injury front this evening, as it appears that the team is on the verge of getting all of their injured players back, including some big names.

Safety Troy Polamalu has been going through practices with little to no issues for the past two weeks, including today, and, barring any sort of unforeseen setback, appears ready to return to the field after missing the past two games prior to the teamís week 4 bye.

Running back Rashard Mendenhall, who tore his ACL on January 1st in the last game of the regular season, has in fact been practicing throughout the regular season, gradually increasing the stress level on his surgically repaired knee and it appears that heís about ready to test it in game action.

Mendenhall actually tore his ACL just a week after Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, and came off the Physically Unable to Perform list a week after as well.

These coincidental events led to speculation that Mendenhall might play as early as the first game of the season, as Peterson did, but the Steelers chose to be more cautious.

While the running game has suffered in his absence (ranked 30th overall in rushing yards per game), the blame falls as much, if not more so, on the offensive line than it does the stable of running backs behind Mendenhall.

Lady Steel 10-01-2012 10:22 PM

Re: Steelers cautiously optimistic on return of Harrison, Polamalu, Mendenhall

I wish DeCastro's name was included in that list, although I know we won't be seeing him the remainder of the season.

tony hipchest 10-01-2012 10:26 PM

not that it means much, but word is decastro was seen at the WVU game last saturday walking without a limp.

Lady Steel 10-01-2012 10:29 PM

Thanks for the update, tony. That news makes me slightly more optimistic. :tt:

maddog78 10-01-2012 10:53 PM

Mendenhall's been practicing, right? Pretty sure we'll see him. Have to see how long Troy and James can practice.

Steelersfan87 10-01-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Steel (Post 1034070)
I wish DeCastro's name was included in that list, although I know we won't be seeing him the remainder of the season.

DeCastro is mentioned in the full article in the link (as are Sylvester and Adams).

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1034075)
Mendenhall's been practicing, right? Pretty sure we'll see him. Have to see how long Troy and James can practice.

Yeah, Mendenhall's been practicing all season. Troy has practiced fully since last week, so he seems to be a go. For James...we'll just have to wait and see how he feels tomorrow morning.

teegre 10-02-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1034071)
not that it means much, but word is decastro was seen at the WVU game last saturday walking without a limp.

DD is a Mountaineer fan... I knew there was a reason that I liked that kid.

Wait... maybe he's scouting Tavon Austin (imagine him, Wallace, Sanders, and AB in the four-wide set).

[Really though: He's probably a guest of his good friend's dad (ie Oliver Luck).]

casteeler 10-02-2012 11:56 AM

I really want to see this team play with all of these missing pieces

Fire Arians 10-02-2012 12:42 PM

now i can laugh my ass off again every time al michaels says mendinghall

pete74 10-02-2012 02:17 PM

Yea he was there with Andrew Luck