Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers-Eagles Prediction Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92014)

Hawaii 5-0 10-05-2012 07:27 PM

Steelers-Eagles Prediction Thread

posted by Dale Lolley
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 05, 2012

Who I like, Philadelphia version

With their backs against the wall a bit, the Steelers are finally healthy, as all 53 men on the team's active roster practiced this week for the first time this season.

In fact, Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles will mark the first time since last year's opener that the Steelers will have their projected starting defense on the field at the same time.

That game didn't work out so well as the Ravens pounded the Steelers, 35-7, in Baltimore.

But this game is at Heinz Field, where, quite frankly, the Steelers don't lose often to NFC teams.

In fact, the Steelers have won their past seven games at Heinz Field against NFC opponents, with the last loss being a 21-14 defeat at the hands of the New York Giants in 2008.

Despite Antonio Brown calling out Eagles' nickel corner Brandon Boykin, the Steelers will probably have more of a running-based attack in this game - at least early on.

Pittsburgh feels like Philadelphia's wide sets with its defensive ends will allow Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman some running lanes.

There will be some losses in the running game since Philadelphia's stunts sometimes lead them into the right hole, but the Steelers feel that with Ben Roethlisberger playing so well, they can offset that.

The Steelers are 3-point favorites in this one and should win and cover that spread, beating a Michael Vick-quarterbacked team for the first time. Vick is 1-0-1 against the Steelers, making him the only current starting quarterback with at least 100 career games that Pittsburgh hasn't beaten.

Take the Steelers, 24-16

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot....e+sidelines%29

Fire Arians 10-05-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Steelers-Eagles Prediction Thread

steelers 27-10, this will be a 1 sided ass kicking. the steelers are desperate right now, playing at home, and philly is lucky to be 3-1. if the eagles continue to turn the ball over as much as they have been, they will lose, and big.

tanda10506 10-05-2012 08:06 PM

I'd like to be optimistic, but if we can't beat the Raiders then how would even come close to a team that just beat Baltimore and the Giants? We absolutely can not unless we play tight on defense, if we play tight we have a shot.

Bayz101 10-05-2012 09:05 PM

We've always struggled in Oakland. We'll win this one by a score of 27-17.

teegre 10-05-2012 10:29 PM

PHILY: 27
PITT: 42

I smell a blow-out.

Vick against Troy: advantage Troy. In turn, I see a bevy of Vick INTs... followed by Nick Foles playing from the third quarter on (where, already trailing by four TDs, Foles throws two TDs against the back-up defense).

Meanwhile, on a shortened field, BB hits five different players for TDs: Heath, AB, Sanders, Johnson (FB), and Wallace gets two.

Bayz101 10-05-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1034819)
PHILY: 27
PITT: 42

I smell a blow-out.

Vick against Troy: advantage Troy. In turn, I see a bevy of Vick INTs... followed by Nick Foles playing from the third quarter on (where, already trailing by four TDs, Foles throws two TDs against the back-up defense).

Meanwhile, on a shortened field, BB hits five different players for TDs: Heath, AB, Sanders, Johnson (FB), and Wallace gets two.

That would be AWESOME, but I expect this team to play like a team coming off a bye week.

Lady Steel 10-05-2012 11:58 PM

Steelers at home. :tt: Vick is overrated. Hate him. :thmbdown:

Rick5895 10-06-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanda10506 (Post 1034807)
I'd like to be optimistic, but if we can't beat the Raiders then how would even come close to a team that just beat Baltimore and the Giants? We absolutely can not unless we play tight on defense, if we play tight we have a shot.

Thankfully this is the NFL and those things really don't matter. We're at home, not playing our second road game in three weeks on the west coast. In addition we will have Harrison and Troy back not to mention Mendy.
I don't think it will be a blowout but we should win 27-17.

DoctorCAD 10-06-2012 10:08 AM

Hope I'm wrong, but I think we don't show up again...

Beagles 24
Good guys 17

casteeler 10-06-2012 11:48 AM

IF the Eagles find out what many other team already know(the Steeler CBs are the worst....ever) then Eagles 27 Steelers 16

But if the Eagles do not pass effectively, Steelers 20 Eagles 10