Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Week 5 heroes & goats (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92058)

ricardisimo 10-07-2012 03:14 PM

Week 5 heroes & goats

Hero: Mendenhall. Welcome back, Spinny!

Goat: the refs - Ben still gets no help, ever. Meanwhile, our guys aren't allowed to play.

Fire Arians 10-07-2012 03:17 PM

Re: Week 5 heroes goats

mendenhall, timmons, and worilds played great imo. was nice to see someone other than woodley get some pressure consistently

ike taylor gave a piss poor effort to stop the long play to jackson which helped the 80 yard td drive.

antonio brown had a decent game, but for all the talking he did, could have done better. he had a chance to ice the game if he doesn't drop what should have been an easy td grab. considering though, he played against nmandi and held his own, i won't be too hard on him for that.

colon pisses me off sometimes. yes hes much better than kemo but if he'd cut out he penalties he could be very good.

offensive line deserves some kudos, they gave ben all day against a very strong eagles pass rush. mendenhall having a good game on the ground is making me start to think it's the RB not the line that needed to improve. the blocking is there, but redman doesn't have the burst to get through untouched before the hole closes. mendy on the other hand, does.

tony hipchest 10-07-2012 03:21 PM

Re: Week 5 heroes goats

i wont even start a "gameball thread" and suggest if anyone does, or is going to, it be placed right here. i would say mendenhall gets the gift from tomlin and the rest of the team as they celebrate their victory in the locker room, and i think it would be a consensus amongst the fans.

WVABE 10-07-2012 03:26 PM

Re: Week 5 heroes & goats

Its so great to see a running game. Mendy was beautiful, Timmons finally came alive.
Welcome back James.

PhantomJB93 10-07-2012 03:28 PM

Hero is definitely Mendenhall, I'd also throw Timmons in there. The defense as a whole was better, although not as good as I would have liked it to be later in the game but there was more pressure and it didn't look like the swiss cheese we saw against the Raiders.

My goat(s) are definitely Wallace and Brown. They both bobbled and dropped so many catch-able passes, we should have been up by at least a touchdown or two at the end. I know Brown made some good plays to make up for it but throughout the game I just couldn't shake how many times I saw a ball go through their hands, especially considering they're both usually pretty sure-handed. My only other goat would be Colon, way too many penalties.

AndyWitmyer 10-07-2012 03:37 PM

I agree with everyone above, but would like to add that Squeez-um scored 3 points when it absolutely counted, and is 7 for 7 on the year (contributing 21 pts alone)

Goldsteel86 10-07-2012 03:39 PM

Please if you guys would possibly expound on the game, sorry in the military stationed in South Carolina and had to watch the Giants vs. "The Clowns" ,anyone say would have rather spent the day watching paint dry. :banging: :banging: :banging:

AndyWitmyer 10-07-2012 03:40 PM

I'd also like to add that Ben was sacked 0 times this game.

steelfury02 10-07-2012 03:44 PM

Ben protected = HUGE victory. This Eagles D is very good.

I was only able to watch 1st, half of 3rd and all of 4th. What is going on with Woodley?

Hawaii 5-0 10-07-2012 03:44 PM

Heroes: Offense Mendenhall Defense Timmons (9 tackles) and Foote (8 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries)

Goat: Mike Wallace: 2 receptions for 17 yards and 0 TDs (sure, you deserve over $11 million/year) :rolleyes: