Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Finally Timmons showed up (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92070)

Steelers5895 10-07-2012 06:31 PM

Finally Timmons showed up

Now this was the type of game I expect out of Timmons at least 8-10 games a season and in every playoff game. he was disruptivde even in the plays he was over agressive and missed the tackle or sack.

Lets hope he continues as he was heading to bust status.

lardlad 10-07-2012 07:07 PM

Re: Finally Timmons showed up

If he figures out a way to not allow his speed to take him out of the play, he's the best lb on the team.

harrison'samonster 10-07-2012 07:38 PM

I was very happy with his performance today. And you're right, this type of game should be the norm for him, not the highlight of his season.

Curtain_of_Steel 10-07-2012 08:10 PM

No, finally Dick used him the way he shouldve used him. Having Harrison there provides a huge boost over Woodley being there. Worilds is way better suited in place of Woodley, and Harrison provides the kick in the ass that is needed.

Timmons hasnt changes, its how they use him. This is how they should use him.

yeckley92 10-07-2012 08:15 PM

Agree 100%

jiminpa 10-07-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel (Post 1035571)
No, finally Dick used him the way he shouldve used him. Having Harrison there provides a huge boost over Woodley being there. Worilds is way better suited in place of Woodley, and Harrison provides the kick in the ass that is needed.

Timmons hasnt changes, its how they use him. This is how they should use him.

But if Harrison isn't there they need Timmons to drop back. Today they could drop either one back without fear. That kept the offense guessing who is coming, which is the advantage of the 3-4. The fourth rusher can be anyone or no one.

Curtain_of_Steel 10-07-2012 09:40 PM

That was my point, people here argue Timmons hasnt done anything this year. Well he hasn't been able to, as he is covering everyones ass because they are hurt.

Now Woodley is hurt again. Which i think can be over come if Harrison is out there. The other way around i think its not as easy to maintain pressure.

defence 10-07-2012 09:48 PM

Timmons was great today. But I really saw today how slow Foote is and i believe that is the real problem in the middle. I wish we had another option there; because Timmons would really shine. One other note. I've been pretty hard on Woirlds; but he filled in nicely today for woodley. Hope he can keep that going.

Steelersfan87 10-07-2012 10:05 PM

McCoy only had 3.3 yards per carry and Foote had 8 tackles. I really don't think he's been to blame for much defensively so far this year. Also, agreed on Worilds. He had his best game of the year so far.

Hawaii 5-0 10-07-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defence (Post 1035599)
Timmons was great today. But I really saw today how slow Foote is and i believe that is the real problem in the middle. I wish we had another option there; because Timmons would really shine. One other note. I've been pretty hard on Woirlds; but he filled in nicely today for woodley. Hope he can keep that going.

I would love to see us draft either ILBs Kevin Minter from LSU or Manti Te'o from Notre Dame in next year's draft to be the eventual successor to Larry Foote who will be 33 years old next season. I actually think Larry Foote has been one of our better defensive players so far this season, but he's not getting any younger or faster.

as for Jason Worilds, today was by far the best I have ever seen him play. it sure would be nice to see him continue to build on today's performance and become the clear successor to James Harrison.