Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Still panicking? Thoughts (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92097)

LayingTheWoodley56 10-08-2012 11:27 AM

Still panicking? Thoughts

- A lot to be encouraged about from yesterday's game. Our running game looks to be revived by the return of Mendy, who I admittedly have never been a big fan of. After the first three games of the Redman/Dwyer/Batch/Rainey experiment, however, I am getting close to changing my tune.

- Ben is in the midst of a career year, no TD's yesterday not withstanding. I predicted this before the season and it is coming to fruition. He has evolved greatly as a player, teammate and leader since his suspension brought him back down to Earth. He gives us a fighting chance in any game, anywhere, and that is invaluable. Wideouts were a little sloppy yesterday, but that was an aberration in my mind.

- Timmons! That is all.

- Are we ever going to get Woodley and Harrison on the field at the same time? Dating back to last season, its been one or the other hurting every damn week. Like others have said, however, I was encouraged by Worilds' performance yesterday.

- Hate to say it, but Keisel looks more than a step slow. He performed well last season, but this may be the beginning of the end for Da Beard. It's a damn shame, but also a fact of NFL life.

- Ryan Clark is just a missile, and a key cog of our defense. The flag on him yesterday was most likely warranted, but was anyone else very impressed with the sheer force with which he came into that play? I've always been amazed that a guy in his frame, undrafted no less, can stick as hard as he does.

- Troy's injury was just bizarre, the way he seemed to just being walking and pulled up limp all of a sudden. Very strange, and we are getting to a point where we have to wonder if he will be able to contribute in a big way at all this season. At any rate, it's a safe bet to believe we wont' see him until Cincy, at least.

- So, here we are. We lost two games by essentially 9 points, both west coast road games which we all know are a little more difficult to win. Our defense looked much improved yesterday, as did the running game and Ben continues to chug along at the highest level he's ever played at. Barring a major disaster, we'll take care of the Titans Thursday night, then rest up for a big game in Cincinnati. We win that one, get to 4-2, and we have another home game where we'll be the favorite against Washington. 5-2 heading into a big showdown with the Giants? I'll take it. Always keep the faith, Steeler Nation. We're a cut above most franchises in this league. Never count us out. :tt04:

Stu Pidasso 10-08-2012 12:21 PM

Re: Still panicking? Thoughts

Yes, I'm still worried. After a bye, we should have been 100%. Now we're hurt again, and there's another game in 3 days.

tony hipchest 10-08-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 (Post 1035694)
Never count us out. :tt04:

i like your outlook.

Curtain_of_Steel 10-08-2012 01:16 PM

I would still say there is a concern. But as long as Harrison is out there I think our defense is much better. Troy is already out for Thursday and now Woodley. Luckily its the Titans who we still better not take lightly.

tony hipchest 10-08-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 (Post 1035694)
Never count us out. :tt04:

i like your outlook.

JVip 10-08-2012 01:23 PM

No cause for panic, but we have a fairly difficult schedule ahead of us.

The injuries are a bit disheartening but...
Worilds is a better fit to replace Woodley, and Harrison seems to be feeling good. If Harrison can stay healthy it will make a dramatic difference to this D, especially since I don't expect Troy to play a significant role this season.

I just wish they would rotate Heyward and Mcclendon into the line more often. Both of those guys have looked good when they are in the game, and they are the future of the team.

Fire Haley 10-08-2012 02:16 PM

Tomlin says #Steelers put more on Timmons' plate against Eagles

so after 5 years LeBeau is taking the training wheels off Timmons?

wow

Worilds looked better than Woodley has too - what's up with that?

WVABE 10-08-2012 02:23 PM

Wonder if it would be a good idea to sit Troy until the last quarter of the season,
let him heal then let him go intimidate the QB's with just his presence.

Darkstorm05 10-08-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVABE (Post 1035726)
Wonder if it would be a good idea to sit Troy until the last quarter of the season,
let him heal then let him go intimidate the QB's with just his presence.

Based on early reports, he'll be sitting until then anyway. All the injury roundups I'm seeing today say "A few weeks".

Also, Ed Bouchette tweeted that Harrison has some knee swelling following the game, but isn't too concerned.

Millers the sh!t 10-08-2012 03:28 PM

Troy injury definitely seemed like some bad acting. I thought the same as you when I saw it. I doubt well beat Washington though. They putting up some points and we are gonna have to throw down with em and keep up.