Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Which young Safety's can we perhaps get in FA? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92134)

RuHappy69 10-09-2012 08:03 AM

Which young Safety's can we perhaps get in FA?

I cannot stand watching Mundy plod through the secondary with cement shoes and whiffing on tackles he has to make. Troy is made of glass and will not be reliable through this year and most probably next as well. I never liked Ryan Clark at all and he's definitely not gotten any faster. He's always been a liability in coverage and when exposed on an island, bad news. I'm starting to think LeBeau and Tomlin are in that Chuck Noll mode of keeping players way past their prime out of loyalty.. It's not that I have a problem with who are current safety's are (it's easy to say I'd really like this guy or that guy) but what I have a major problem with is the absolute neglect at the position through the draft and FA year after year.

maddog78 10-09-2012 08:05 AM

Re: Which young Safety's can we perhaps get in FA?

Why not try Curtis Brown or Ike Taylor? Ike is struggling at corner, maybe it's time for a move.

Darkstorm05 10-09-2012 08:10 AM

I saw a note posted somewhere yesterday that Tomlin implied in an interview that Will Allen might get a shot at unseating Mundy. We'll see if that story has any legs.

RuHappy69 10-09-2012 08:16 AM

Ike can do what Woodson did and extend his career. I think Ike would be a great FS

sloppyjoe 10-09-2012 08:57 AM

the cheapest one....like usual

El-Gonzo Jackson 10-09-2012 09:10 AM

Sadly, Robert Golden is probably a year away from being an asset on the field.

67 calsteel 10-09-2012 10:36 AM

If we stay in house we need to see if W.Allen can play.
No Free agents worth trying
Suggestion SHORT TERM
Trade with Atlanta for Chris Hope Conditional 6th round. Has played in systems before.Currently backup with atlanta and plays special teams for them.

Other players conditional 3rd rounders/possible long term
LOUIS DELMAS OR JARIUS BYRD.BOTH PLAYERS ARE IN LAST YEAR OF ROOKIE CONTRACTS.

I know the steelers have never done this but i think we might have to change our way of doing a few things.Mundy is not the solutionTroy will be out at least to weeks and Clark has the commish itching to suppend him.