Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Did the Steelers..... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=922)

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7 06-14-2005 08:09 AM

Did the Steelers.....

Last year when the Steelers lost to the New England Patriots a game away from the SuperBowl, did the Steelers lose against a good team?? Or did the Patriots win against a great team?? Let me know what you think!

~AllAmer~

Ironman 06-14-2005 08:57 AM

Re: Did the Steelers.....

Both. The Patriots beat a great team... and by the same token, the Steelers lost to a great team.

steelersgirl86 06-14-2005 11:26 AM

I agree ironman....it is both.

clevestinks 06-14-2005 02:54 PM

I do think sometimes playoff experience is somewhat overrated. but I do think Ben was a little nervous. Not an excuse. We were on the verge of greatness. Pats were already there, three rings as proof. The next step is now for us.

Prosdo 06-14-2005 05:20 PM

I have to agree with Iron. and also I think you're right cleve. Ben was a little nervous, but chalk it up to experience. Next time we get there I don't think he will be as nervous :)

bigbensgirl7 06-14-2005 05:28 PM

I agree Prosdo...Ben was nervous, but now he has that experience and next year will know what to expect. I think both teams deserved to be in that game and the best one that day won. The bottom line is, I don't think the Steelers took chances in that game and the Patriots did. However, if we are there again next year things will be different. I think our coaches will realize that they have to open things up, be less predictible, and get the job done-basically play the same way that got them there in the 1st place.

BlitzburghRockCity 06-14-2005 10:14 PM

You could see that Ben was starting to hit the perverbial rookie wall in about early december or so. HE was still winning and making good plays, but you could see he just seemed totally exhausted, and worn out. And that Jets game too everything that was left out of him.

The turnovers didnt help either.. so yeah, I'd agree its alittle of both. You cant say that we totally lost, nor that the pats totally won. We gave them some gift points and good field position w/ turnovers, and they capitalized like good teams do.

LondonSteeler 06-15-2005 12:28 AM

hello everybody, first post, i have to disagree with the majority here, as much as it pains me i might add, we were given a lesson by the pats in the championship game, it was effectively over when Harisson returned his interception for a TD.

We were clearly beaten by a better 'coached' side, not a nock on cowher, just that we are in the pressense of a clear genius in Belichick, who can argue with 5 rings??

LambertIsGod58 06-15-2005 07:19 AM

As much as I hate to say it, NE is a dynasty. THere front office does everything it takes to win. Before last season, their running game was weak...They go out and sign Corey Dillion. On top of that, they are the best coached team in the league.

KeystoneKC 06-16-2005 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonSteeler
We were clearly beaten by a better 'coached' side, not a nock on cowher, just that we are in the pressense of a clear genius in Belichick, who can argue with 5 rings??

I don't know that I'd get all misty over Belichek just yet. To quote an article from another site:

Bill Belichick at 99-72 (.579), is literally a tale of two cities. His tenure with New England has been spectacular. In his five years there, the Patriots have amassed a 62-27 record enroute to three Super Bowl titles in the last four years. Cleveland on the other hand, hangs like an albatross around his neck. From ?91-?95 the Browns were only able to put together one winning season, and Bill skulked out of town sporting a 37-45 record. Is he worthy of having his face carved in granite? I don?t think he?s ready just yet to be compared with Presidents, but another historical figure springs to mind. In 1925 Joseph Stalin renamed a city on the Volga River to Stalingrad, literally erasing the former city from the map. Coach Belichick needs to do the same with a certain city on the Cuyahoga, and purge the history books of any record of his time there.

Since he lost his coordinators this offseason, it shouldn't take too long to find out which is the real Bill.