Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ike (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92298)

Rotorhead 10-12-2012 10:36 AM

Ike

So, i have been a fan of his for a long time, but have finally come to terms he just doesnt have it anymore. So, do we make him the #2 corner next season or attempt to transition him to safety or just part ways? Im inclined to mive him to safety, any thoughts?

teegre 10-12-2012 10:55 AM

Re: Ike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorhead (Post 1037346)
So, i have been a fan of his for a long time, but have finally come to terms he just doesnt have it anymore. So, do we make him the #2 corner next season or attempt to transition him to safety or just part ways? Im inclined to mive him to safety, any thoughts?

My thoughts: there's already a thread about Ike (currently, two threads up).

beer72 10-12-2012 11:06 AM

:iagree:

Rotorhead 10-12-2012 12:09 PM

Well since they were threads only about bitching and complaining, i figured i would start a more positive thread

Steelers>NFL 10-12-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorhead (Post 1037358)
Well since they were threads only about bitching and complaining, i figured i would start a more positive thread

More positive? Somehow Ike & positive does not rhyme very well in the sentence.

Fire Arians 10-12-2012 12:15 PM

Problem is he's no longer 24 and doesn't have that 4.3 speed anymore. When he got beat, he was able to recover and make plays, now, not so much

Rotorhead 10-12-2012 12:22 PM

I agree, just looking for opinions, should we drop him or transition him to safety or drop down the depth chart? I think he could be a good safety especially since troy is injured more often, mundy is failsauce and we need some better depth if we bring rookies.

jiminpa 10-12-2012 12:30 PM

I feel bad for him. He went from being shut down to getting shut down pretty much in one week, but last night convinced me, he doesn't have it any more. I still a faint glimmer of hope that it's just mental, and he can get it together again, but it's probably false hope.

tanda10506 10-12-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiminpa (Post 1037365)
I feel bad for him. He went from being shut down to getting shut down pretty much in one week, but last night convinced me, he doesn't have it any more. I still a faint glimmer of hope that it's just mental, and he can get it together again, but it's probably false hope.

Agreed. It's not speed alone that is his problem. He was an excellent CB all last year till we went to Denver. He didn't just lose a step between Week 16 and the Denver playoff game last year, but that is when he started declining. I'm sure over time he has lost some speed, and possibly he lost a bit during the off season, but what I see is a guy trying to do to much. He's always playing off his WR and then tries to jump the route. Another example is how he always gets up talking crap, even if the guy just totally burnt him, he talks and often times exchanges "pushes" even then. IMO he's embarrassed, keeps getting burnt, and wants to make up for it. No doubt he's not as fast as he was 4 or 5 years ago, I just think there's more to it.

That said, I am in favor of getting new CB's all together. I don't see Ike pulling out of it, he's had 5 games this year and looked bad in all of them except the 2nd half vs the Jets. The game has long passed by tackling CB's who play far off of their man in coverage.

Fire Arians 10-12-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiminpa (Post 1037365)

i don't know he's looking a lot like chad 'mr. pass interference' scott lately. i guess it's either that or getting burned for 80 yards against scrubs like d. thomas