Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   LeBeau's reliance on Troy (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92325)

maddog78 10-13-2012 09:23 AM

LeBeau's reliance on Troy

We've seen the numbers with and without Troy. 14 PPG vs 21 PPG. Basically, a #1 defense vs a middle of the pack defense.

We've also seen what happens when Clark is missing in Denver for two straight years. What does everyone say after those games?

"Clark allows Troy to freelance."

Freelance. In other words, work outside of the scheme. We are most successful when our HOF safety is allowed to play his own game outside of the scheme.

So, what does that say about "the scheme"?

:noidea:

There are 18 defenses allowing fewer than our 23 PPG. All of them are missing Troy Polamalu.

Goldsteel86 10-13-2012 09:34 AM

Re: LeBeau's reliance on Troy

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1037493)
We've seen the numbers with and without Troy. 14 PPG vs 21 PPG. Basically, a #1 defense vs a middle of the pack defense.

We've also seen what happens when Clark is missing in Denver for two straight years. What does everyone say after those games?

"Clark allows Troy to freelance."

Freelance. In other words, work outside of the scheme. We are most successful when our HOF safety is allowed to play his own game outside of the scheme.

So, what does that say about "the scheme"?

:noidea:

There are 18 defenses allowing fewer than our 23 PPG. All of them are missing Troy Polamalu.

"Scheme"???? There really is no "Scheme" what there is , is the ability to play down to your opponent, that is what the Steelers have done and are doing!

uclkyle 10-14-2012 11:47 PM

I'm not sure if the scheme is necessarily the problem. Bottom line, nobody on that defense is producing and there is no leadership. Who is on the defense? An aging Harrison, Keisel, Hamptonn? Foote stinks, a career back-up. Ike is God-awful. You can't really count Troy, his best injury free days are probably gone. Ziggy Hood is officially a bust. I thought the signing of Lamar Woodley to a long-term deal would be disastrous. I like Clark and Keenan Lewis, thats about all we have. Another note on Woodley......he's REALLY good at getting sacks on first down in the first quarter. When we need a big stop in a critical situation, he's nowhere to be found.

Edman 10-15-2012 01:04 AM

Troy really hid the REAL GLARING problems with our Defense for years. When one guy is the fine line between a Defense being good and subpar, it isn't all that good a Defense. Without him, Lebeau is once again exposed for the fraud that he truly is. The "Genius" turns into a simpleton without his Superman.

tony hipchest 10-15-2012 01:11 AM

bill parcells relied on lawrence taylor.

mike holmgren relied on reggie white.

bill walsh relied on players such as joe montana, jerry rice, and ronnie lott.

mike ditka needed walter payton.

belichick relies on tom brady.

the ravens NEVER win a SB w/o ray lewis.

troy polamalu is in the same conversation as ALL of these great players.

GET OVER IT!!!

im sure there is a similar thread this "new" thread needs to be merged with. :jerkit:

maddog... i know youre mad, and i know youre a dog, but just because you have a thought, doesnt mean it hasnt been thunk and already being discussed i.e. just because you had a thought doesnt mean it needs its very own thread.

please post your rants in other threads with the same thoughts (many of which you have already started).

thanks. :thumbsup:

Bayz101 10-15-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1037978)
bill parcells relied on lawrence taylor.

mike holmgren relied on reggie white.

bill walsh relied on players such as joe montana, jerry rice, and ronnie lott.

mike ditka needed walter payton.

belichick relies on tom brady.

the ravens NEVER win a SB w/o ray lewis.

troy polamalu is in the same conversation as ALL of these great players.

GET OVER IT!!!

:thumbsup:

Rick5895 10-15-2012 03:47 AM

A lot of these threads are the same. We are 2-3 and we are done, seasons over, we stink and on and on and on. Yes it does look somewhat bleak. But I beleive we will over come and finish 10-6. Look at the past, 1995 we were what 4-4-1 after 9 games, we went to the super bowl and if not for Neil O'Donell we would have won that game. 2005 we barely snuck into the playoffs and won the superbowl. Our losses have come down to 3 or so plays in the losses that could 've have been wins, dropped pics, blocked punts, dropped passes etc. To those who think we stink because we didn't blowout the Raiders, then Atlanta at 6-0 must stink because they barely won, this season is very topsy turvey, look at yesterdays games, Giants blow out of the Niners, Packers
blowout of the Texans, Suckhawks beating the Cheats, Browns beating the Bungles etc
Everyone needs to relax the season is far from over after 5 games.
Saying you are a real fan because you think you are a realist and suggest this is the worst team in football DOESN"T make you a real fan, it actually makes you a fairweather fan.
I am sure there was lots of action since Thursday night in emergency rooms all over the country with so called Steeler fans breaking ankles jumping off the bandwagon.

steelfury02 10-15-2012 05:54 AM

it isn't just 2-3, there is a disturbing trend in general with this team, both in terms of their lack of mental toughness on the road, against any team as of late, and in the severe drop off in winning at the line of scrimmage, which in turn, makes everything else look bad, on both sides of the ball.

It doesn't help that the O is in transition, and yes, injuries suck. It has been talked about, but what else should we discuss when our team is 2-3. They look, smell and are in fact crap right now. For each time they turned it around, there are other instances where they just got worse or were up and down all season long.

Onto other important topics, i.e. - rookies getting arrested, Troy's hair commercial, or one of those idiots sounding off against fans via facebook, twitter because they've played like dogshit. Just can't sugarcoat things. My bitching will continue until division standing improves . . .

maddog78 10-15-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1037978)
please post your rants in other threads with the same thoughts (many of which you have already started).

thanks. :thumbsup:

Does that go for positive posts, too? Or are you just trying to curtail speech you don't agree with?

tony hipchest 10-16-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1038032)
Does that go for positive posts, too? Or are you just trying to curtail speech you don't agree with?

just follow the guidelines set before you.

if there are 10 seperate threads started on haleys reliance on bens greatness, ben is great, ben is god, ben is the reason we have won 2 games, etc. they will be merged as well, in accordance with the EXACT SAME guidelines.

no need to play the victim here...