Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marcua Gilbert - The Terminator (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92341)

Kingmagyar 10-14-2012 05:28 AM

Marcua Gilbert - The Terminator

Not sure if this was discussed as I'm late to the boards but has anyone mentioned that Marcus Gilbert has now taken out three players by falling on them so far this year.

David Johnson
David DeCastro
and Maurkice Pouncey.

With friends like that who needs enemies.

Edman 10-14-2012 06:17 AM

Re: Marcua Gilbert - The Terminator

He is along with Swagin' as one of the Steeler players on my shitlist of this season.

StainlessStill 10-14-2012 07:37 AM

I think that is the result of bad luck. I really do. You can't blame Gilbert for not being able to handle a bull-rush in the trench's. Sometimes, you're going to get out-matched on the edge and judging by splits and penetration is concerned, bodies will pile up. It's just unfortunate to see guys going down so much (Gilbert) and landing on the back of our guys' legs. That's what happens in the interior. We're just not coming out of it scathed. It's a technique issue and that starts with coach's. Kugler hasn't had a thing to work with ever since he got here. It's time for him to wipe the board clean and start from square one: fundamentals.

I really can't put my finger on the rest of the season, but yet, feel confident for one reason: BEN ROETHLISBERGER.

tanda10506 10-14-2012 01:50 PM

It really isn't Gilbert's fault, if our O line was trying to watch where they fell then they'd be even worse then they are now. I guess you could say if he was "better" then he wouldn't be getting knocked on his ass all the time and injuring other players, but he's improving IMO.

As for being confident because of Ben, if he get's his 4th quarter magic back then I will be too, but lately he doesn't get it done when it counts the most. Ben is the best player on the team and I am in no way blaming him for any of the losses, or really any of the problems for that matter, but he just doesn't seem to be clutch any more.

StainlessStill 10-14-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanda10506 (Post 1037835)
It really isn't Gilbert's fault, if our O line was trying to watch where they fell then they'd be even worse then they are now. I guess you could say if he was "better" then he wouldn't be getting knocked on his ass all the time and injuring other players, but he's improving IMO.

As for being confident because of Ben, if he get's his 4th quarter magic back then I will be too, but lately he doesn't get it done when it counts the most. Ben is the best player on the team and I am in no way blaming him for any of the losses, or really any of the problems for that matter, but he just doesn't seem to be clutch any more.

When you speak of "magic" then by "magic", does it have to be at every drive and everytime we get the ball to close the game? We are simply asking TOO MUCH of Roethlisberger in these types of scenario's stacking ontop of each other.

Dating back to last season in the Denver WC fiasco, Ben has shown his magic, giving the defense the lead when needed. He did it last week & has done it in every loss this season. The defensive breakdowns and allowing 80+ yard drives is killing the "magic" expectation.

Ben has been magic when it counts, he's just been asked to do it AGAIN and AGAIN. The defense NEEDS to hold somebody, PERIOD.

pittpete 10-14-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

You can't blame Gilbert for not being able to handle a bull-rush in the trench's.
I find this very amusing, not sure if this is sarcasm or not/

Hawaii 5-0 10-15-2012 02:22 PM

Report: Marcus Gilbert Starts Monday Off With Right Foot In A Boot

Monday, October 15th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

The Pittsburgh Steelers had a long list of injured players following their 26-23 loss Thursday night to the Tennessee Titans and Mike Prisuta of DVE Radio reports Monday morning via Twitter that right tackle Marcus Gilbert, who did not finish the game Thursday night, hobbled out of team facility Monday morning with some sort of boot/device on his right foot.

When Gilbert left the game against the Titans he was replaced my rookie Mike Adams. Should Gilbert not be ready to go come Sunday night when the Steelers play the Cincinnati Bengals, Adams figures to start in his place and rookie Kelvin Beachum would be active.

The Steelers suffered another big injury early in the game Thursday night as center Maurkice Pouncey left after the first offensive play with what was termed a MCL injury. So far the word has been positive in regard to that and the early speculation is that Pouncey should be ready to play against the Bengals.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is scheduled to meet the media on Tuesday and that is when he is expected to address the health of the team heading into week 7.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._boot/11967547

teegre 10-15-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessStill (Post 1037840)
When you speak of "magic" then by "magic", does it have to be at every drive and everytime we get the ball to close the game? We are simply asking TOO MUCH of Roethlisberger in these types of scenario's stacking ontop of each other.

Dating back to last season in the Denver WC fiasco, Ben has shown his magic, giving the defense the lead when needed. He did it last week & has done it in every loss this season. The defensive breakdowns and allowing 80+ yard drives is killing the "magic" expectation.

Ben has been magic when it counts, he's just been asked to do it AGAIN and AGAIN. The defense NEEDS to hold somebody, PERIOD.

I heard an analyst talking about how the Steelers players have become dependent on BB to win the game at the end. There is a lack of fire and no sense of urgency, because the team trulty thinks that BB WILL bring them back... no matter what.

If the rest of the team had as much fire as BB, then he wouldn't even have to bring them back.

At some point, as you said, the well will dry up. Or, better yet, there are those moments when BB does indeed bring them back... only to see the opposition score with 30 second left.

tanda10506 10-16-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessStill (Post 1037840)

I agree, I blame the defense for every loss we have, and Ben has put us in position to win the game. The defense doesn't stop anybody AT ALL. But as a QB sometimes you have to win the game not just set it up for the defense to win it. Ben has put us in position many times over this season and last, and many of those times the defense failed, but when Ben has had a chance to make the FINAL drive with the game on the line, he's failed. That's what I mean by the magic. Is it asking too much? Probably, the defense just flat sucks, but whether it's asking too much or not, he used to do it.

Hawaii 5-0 10-18-2012 01:13 AM

Adams' first start to be less 'crazy': Rookie OT Mike Adams will make his first official NFL start Sunday in Cincinnati. He had a virtual start, however, last week in Tennessee. Adams played almost the entire game at right tackle after OT Marcus Gilbert went down with an ankle injury.

"It was kind of crazy to get the, not start, but for the first game ... to play most of it was something I didn't expect," said Adams, a second-round pick from Ohio State. "But you've got to be ready to play whenever, so it was a pretty cool experience."

Adams said he "definitely" will feel more comfortable Sunday because he had the experience against the Titans. Adams said Gilbert had become one of his closer friends on the team and that the two talk regularly.

That will benefit Adams -- not just because Adams is filling in for Gilbert, but because Gilbert entered the NFL under similar circumstances. Gilbert was a second-round pick who made his debut early last season during a game when OL Willie Colon was injured.

"It's good to have that kind of support," Adams said of Gilbert.

Gilbert's status cloudy: Gilbert will not play this week, and the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review quoted teammate C Maurkice Pouncey saying Wedesday afternoon that Gilbert could miss up to two months.

Gilbert took to his own Twitter account to dispute that.

"I will not be out for 2 months, ill back really really soon!" Gilbert said @MarcusGilbert88.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...se-for-himself