Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2012 draft class (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92356)

steelerchad 10-14-2012 06:51 PM

2012 draft class

With Taamu's arrest and pending departure from this team, what looked like a very promising draft has produced basically no help this season. They could still have some future stars, but not 1 contributor from the draft this year. Total dissapointment. I looked at that draft and thought we'd have 2 starters on the offensive line, a nickel LBer, a rotational NT, a returner/3rd down back all helping out this season.

TRH 10-14-2012 06:58 PM

Re: 2012 draft class

Whats especially disappointing to me is seeing SO many picks in the top 5 all around the NFL this year already making big, big impacts. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Meanwhile, we're saddled with injuries and an arrest and pending jail time (and release) of Ta'amu...whom i initially thought was our "steal" of this years draft.

Rick5895 10-14-2012 07:22 PM

5 games into the "rookie" season and this class is a disappointments. WOW!
You can't predict injuries, Adams was drafted for depth. These drafts usually take a couple of years to determine success or failure. My bet this will be hailed as a very good draft for years to come.

harrison'samonster 10-14-2012 08:00 PM

Rookie's for us is like what they say about offensive linemen--the less we hear their name the better.

TRH 10-14-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick5895 (Post 1037877)
You can't predict injuries, Adams was drafted for depth. These drafts usually take a couple of years to determine success or failure. My bet this will be hailed as a very good draft for years to come.

I think the DeCastro injury really just killed everybody....he's a monster who was going to go right in and make an impact from Day 1. That injury deflated the hell out of everybody.
I think people are going to be patient with Adams. He won't take long. This Ta'amu thing is so bad that people are starting to pull their hair out when you combine it with the disappointing start to the season. It will be a nice jolt to everyone's psyche when the Steelers release this no-good POS.

Atlanta Dan 10-14-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1037888)
. It will be a nice jolt to everyone's psyche when the Steelers release this no-good POS.

Agreed - injuries happen and cannot be predicted, but ith regard to Ta'amu he has been a disappointment since camp.

In hindsight his drop to the 4th round may have been an indication that other teams saw problems (not that he would go crazy - just skill set) the Steelers were willing to tolerate in atttempting to get a steal at NT through the draft

steelerchad 10-14-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

I said this draft could still have future stars, but this year is clearly a disappointment. No help at all from any of the rookies. Sure you can't predict injuries, doesn't mean they're not disappointing when they happen.

Yeah, this draft class was very disappointing imo, as I had high hopes for help at key spots this year.

Steel_Bus_24 10-14-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Adams wasn't drafted for depth, before the pre-season they intended for him to start at LT....Max Starks wasn't even on the roster

Adams level of suck thus far has taken them aback. They've been scared as hell of him
when hes been in there......All those Bubble screens last Thursday was a direct result of Adams presence

I hope they can work some voodoo on him.....but he's looking more like a 4th or 5th round project then a stud that we stole in the 2nd

TRH 10-14-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 (Post 1037910)
Adams wasn't drafted for depth, before the pre-season they intended for him to start at LT....Max Starks wasn't even on the roster

Adams level of suck thus far has taken them aback. They've been scared as hell of him
when hes been in there......All those Bubble screens last Thursday was a direct result of Adams presence

I hope they can work some voodoo on him.....but he's looking more like a 4th or 5th round project then a stud that we stole in the 2nd

I still have high hopes for Adams to develop into a potential great lineman (though it might take a bit longer than they initially figured). DeCastro should be a monster when he gets back healthy.

I think some people here have mistaken other's "disappointing draft so far" comments.
Yes - its been disappointing (injuries, this arrest, etc...) I don't think anyone can argue that.
But that doesn't mean they think the draft "sucked".

bornaSteelersfan 10-15-2012 12:11 AM

After the draft, everyone here was very optimistic. Many of us couldn't wait for the season to begin. Now I think many of us are getting to the point where we just want it to end. To say Ta'amu was a bust (busted) at this point is now a major understatement. I still have hope for DeCastro, Spence, and Rainey to be big contributors. We won't see that until next season. Can we "fast forward" this one like I do on NFL rewind?