Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Whoa people, don't panic yet! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92357)

BlaZeQuietly 10-14-2012 07:12 PM

Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
Reading some of these threads it sounds like everyone here has lost hope. I do agree, we don't look very good this year, even in our wins. were 2-3, we really haven't been one of those "blow out every team that's worse than us" teams the past few years but we have finished with respectable records, I could honestly see us going 7-4 the rest of the way and finishing 9-7 and MAYBE squeaking into the playoffs, then you never know what could happen. I'm not promising anything, but its still big ben, still mike wallace, still antonio brown, and a bunch of busted pop sickle sticks for an O-line, haha, sorry had to sneak that in there. Hey we could still turns things around peeps!:popcorn:

Bayz101 10-14-2012 07:14 PM

Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
Nice post. I've always thought, that with Ben at QB, we'll ALWAYS have a chance to win.

harrison'samonster 10-14-2012 07:14 PM

Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
this team could still turn things around, but somebody's going to have light a fire under their a**. That's one thing this team doesn't have. No Bettis or Joey Porter. Nothing even close when it comes to talking up the team

BlaZeQuietly 10-14-2012 07:22 PM

Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
Thank you and as far as all the ripping on Tomlin goes, I think his calm demeanor may be mistaken for looking dejected, I noticed this especially after the oakland loss, I would have been livid if I were him, But I didnt hear anyone complaining when they beat the cards in the superbowl a few years ago. Tomlin's a cool cat and I think if we can go out there next week and beat cinci we are going to be right back into the play off picture, if we go out and lose to cinci, then all bets are off, steelers fans across the country can then begin flopping around on the floor in a seizure, next week is the earliest MUST win I've seen pitt in in a long time, but a win against one of their division rivals is exactly what the doctor ordered, and I have a pretty good feeling about it we've always beat up on cinci.

tony hipchest 10-14-2012 07:49 PM

Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
preseason SB favorites packers and patriots have already lost 3 games, just like the steelers. nobody is throwing in the towel on them yet. many steelerfans have already tossed in the terrible towe and are now hoping to lose every game for a higher draft pick. these people call themselves "realists". i call them sell outs and quitters.

i will root for and expect my team to win every game until the bitter end. the sellout quitters say i wear black and gold color glasses.

when in reality, i wear a steelers jersey and wave my terrible towel proudly. **** the panicing pattys.

:tt02:

Curtain_of_Steel 10-14-2012 07:50 PM

Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
Did we get new CB's? Because if every team can pass all the want and either get completions for PI's how does Ben put up 40pts when we want to run first with a OLINE at 40% and Legursky anchoring the center?

I hope Haley has some miracle plan, but its not running mendy, redman, rainey and batch over and over.

I can be a positive as the next guy and sure do hope we can turn it around and I'll be watching and cheering. But unless someone sits that dumbassshutdown CB we have down, its bleak.

TRH 10-14-2012 07:52 PM

Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1037902)
preseason SB favorites packers and patriots have already lost 3 games, just like the steelers. nobody is throwing in the towel on them yet. many steelerfans have already tossed in the terrible towe and are now hoping to lose every game for a higher draft pick. these people call themselves "realists". i call them sell outs and quitters.

i will root for and expect my team to win every game until the bitter end. the sellout quitters say i wear black and gold color glasses.

when in reality, i wear a steelers jersey and wave my terrible towel proudly. **** the panicing pattys.

:tt02:

well, the one thing i like is that the Steeler fans have much greater passion for their team than those teams fans.............hence the behavior

tony hipchest 10-14-2012 07:54 PM

Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
it wont be long before the whining wandas overtake this thread. EVERY team has injuries, and EVERY team has a player who is not a pro bowler. EVERY team gives up 80 yd td drives and EVERY team has losses (even the great 18-1 patriots the sellouts wish for).

the steelers will have to deal with it and scdrap their way into the playoffs beginning next week at cincinatti.

tony hipchest 10-14-2012 08:00 PM

Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1037905)
well, the one thing i like is that the Steeler fans have much greater passion for their team than those teams fans.............hence the behavior

the steelerfans supposedly have the most knowledgable fanbase as well which is suprising seeing that half the active posters on this board have already mailed it in and given up due to a 2-3 start.

john stallworth reminds us that the GREAT 1976 steelers team started 1-4 and still rebounded (only to lose to the raiders in the SB). that team didnt win the SB the following year as well. fans on this board woulda been calling for chuck nolls head.

luckilly the rooneys arent as knee jerk as their fans.

Atlanta Dan 10-14-2012 08:10 PM

Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1037912)
the steelerfans supposedly have the most knowledgable fanbase as well which is suprising seeing that half the active posters on this board have already mailed it in and given up due to a 2-3 start.

john stallworth reminds us that the GREAT 1976 steelers team started 1-4 and still rebounded (only to lose to the raiders in the SB). that team didnt win the SB the following year as well. fans on this board woulda been calling for chuck nolls head.

luckilly the rooneys arent as knee jerk as their fans.

After the Steelers lost to the Browns to go 1-4 in 1976 and went to 4-4 in 1977 after losing to Denver and Baltimore there was at least as much angst as now (given that even then it was obvious those 70s teams were a once in a lifetime gathering of talent) but nowhere to be heard other than by calling Myron on WTAE 1250 AM from 7 to 8. Now everyone with an online connection has a megaphone

FWIW this season does look pretty grim compared to 1976 - I have heard that 1976 team had a better than average defense


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum