Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Some good news: Decastro Running Again (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92422)

Fire Arians 10-16-2012 01:36 PM

Some good news: Decastro Running Again

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/10...running-again/

During his Tuesday press conference <strong>Pittsburgh Steelers</strong> head coach <strong>Mike Tomlin</strong> was asked to give a status update on rookie guard <strong>David DeCastro</strong>, who suffered a serious right knee injury in the third preseason game against the <strong>Buffalo Bills</strong>.
<p>"He ran yesterday in a straight line as part of rehabilitation and I thought it was positive," said Tomlin. "I think how he responds to those workouts of course is going to be a critical component, but there is a certain period of time that he has to go through before he is even eligible to come back, so we haven't spent a lot of time discussing his status or his progress. I just happened to look over there and had seen him running."
<p>DeCastro was placed on the Steelers injured reserve list prior to the start of the season and was given the new 8 week return designation. That designation stipulates that the Stanford product must miss at least 8 weeks before he is eligible to return to the 53 man roster. Once DeCastro does begin practicing with the team the Steelers will have a 21 day window in which they must decide to activate him back to the 53 man roster or place him on the season enduing injury reserve list.
<p>The last report a few weeks ago was that DeCastro was able to ride a stationary bike, so the news on Tuesday that he has started running on a straight line is encouraging to say the least.

teegre 10-16-2012 03:18 PM

Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1038338)

During his Tuesday press conference <strong>Pittsburgh Steelers</strong> head coach <strong>Mike Tomlin</strong> was asked to give a status update on rookie guard <strong>David DeCastro</strong>, who suffered a serious right knee injury in the third preseason game against the <strong>Buffalo Bills</strong>.
<p>"He ran yesterday in a straight line as part of rehabilitation and I thought it was positive," said Tomlin. "I think how he responds to those workouts of course is going to be a critical component, but there is a certain period of time that he has to go through before he is even eligible to come back, so we haven't spent a lot of time discussing his status or his progress. I just happened to look over there and had seen him running."
<p>DeCastro was placed on the Steelers injured reserve list prior to the start of the season and was given the new 8 week return designation. That designation stipulates that the Stanford product must miss at least 8 weeks before he is eligible to return to the 53 man roster. Once DeCastro does begin practicing with the team the Steelers will have a 21 day window in which they must decide to activate him back to the 53 man roster or place him on the season enduing injury reserve list.
<p>The last report a few weeks ago was that DeCastro was able to ride a stationary bike, so the news on Tuesday that he has started running on a straight line is encouraging to say the least.

At the end of that run (on Tuesday), Gilbert went to high-five DD, only to blow out both players rotator cuffs.

steelfury02 10-16-2012 03:44 PM

hahahahahahah

Hawaii 5-0 10-16-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1038364)
At the end of that run (on Tuesday), Gilbert went to high-five DD, only to blow out both players rotator cuffs.

:chuckle:

surcalifero 10-16-2012 07:20 PM

I really hope DD doesn't becomes like Pouncey with all them injuries.

Lady Steel 10-16-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1038338)

This is exciting news! I'm so optimistic about DeCastro. He's working hard for a speedy and healthy recovery and isn't shying away from the pain he must be going through in the process. That's something I admire and can totally get on board with.

dreegking 10-26-2012 12:49 PM

I've liked the oline efforts under the circumstances. Yes Adams, needs a spare to help him out, but Gilbert doesn't. Colon is getting better inside. Legursky is a very solid inside replacement. And Starks is probably the best low paid vet in the league. Pass protecting has been good to very good. If and DeCastro gets back and replaces Foster, the run game becomes really good. Hopefully just in time for a 5 or 6 game win streak to end the season and reach the playoffs, which is what it is gonna take.

Steeldude 10-26-2012 02:35 PM

I doubt DeCastro plays this year.

Hawaii 5-0 10-26-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeldude (Post 1041425)
I doubt DeCastro plays this year.

I think he does, from everything I've read his recovery is well on track and he can start practicing after Week 8.

Fire Arians 10-26-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 (Post 1041426)
I think he does, from everything I've read his recovery is well on track and he can start practicing after Week 8.

http://egotistik.net/wp-content/uplo...08/Iverson.jpg