Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Troy P. sickens me (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92462)

steelfan23 10-16-2012 08:56 PM

Troy P. sickens me

I have been a huge fan of his since we drafted him. His play up to a couple of years ago was Hall of Fame worthy. I respected him both on and off the field. To hear him say he wouldn't cut his hair to win another SB is to me...maybe the dumbest, most selfish thing I think I have ever heard come out of a Steelers mouth. Are you friggin kidding me? I know this is hypothetical and all but his answer sucks. Basically he is saying feck off to the fans, his teammates, coaches and everyone else associated with the Steelers. So Troy, you can sport a shaved head, a small price to pay, for a decade, but you get a third ring, solidify your HOF career, bring another to the burgh, a ring for those players and coaches on your team that weren't with us last time, and you won't. Seems like he is more focused on cashing in on his hair commercials than he is on winning. He is officially all done. Ask Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Peyton and pretty much any NFL player and heck yeah they would cut their hair. Un Freakin believable. His attitude is a microcosm of his and his team's performance over the last couple of years.

Flame away

SteelerJay 10-16-2012 09:01 PM

Re: Troy P. sickens me

the Steelers should only draft bald-headed players going forward...these hairy guys are a distraction, especially on defence

BowCatShot 10-16-2012 09:10 PM

Maybe he thinks he's Samson reincarnate. Give him a break.

Lady Steel 10-16-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelfan23 (Post 1038474)
I have been a huge fan of his since we drafted him. His play up to a couple of years ago was Hall of Fame worthy. I respected him both on and off the field. To hear him say he wouldn't cut his hair to win another SB is to me...maybe the dumbest, most selfish thing I think I have ever heard come out of a Steelers mouth. Are you friggin kidding me? I know this is hypothetical and all but his answer sucks. Basically he is saying feck off to the fans, his teammates, coaches and everyone else associated with the Steelers. So Troy, you can sport a shaved head, a small price to pay, for a decade, but you get a third ring, solidify your HOF career, bring another to the burgh, a ring for those players and coaches on your team that weren't with us last time, and you won't. Seems like he is more focused on cashing in on his hair commercials than he is on winning. He is officially all done. Ask Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Peyton and pretty much any NFL player and heck yeah they would cut their hair. Un Freakin believable. His attitude is a microcosm of his and his team's performance over the last couple of years.

Flame away

You seriously made a thread about whether it is or isn't Troy's own choice/decison to cut or not cut his own damn hair? Again, seriously? Naw, you're just playin', right? Seriously? :laughing:

SoCalFan 10-16-2012 09:38 PM

He should have been rested at least 3 additional games...

FanSince72 10-16-2012 09:52 PM

Would you want Keisel to shave his beard?

Would HE shave it to win a Super Bowl?

What if he said that he wouldn't?

Would he be a POS as well?

Stu Pidasso 10-16-2012 10:00 PM

It's been known for a while now that with his nationality, hair is considered almost religious. I think he's saying it because he's a deeply religious guy, and he takes his faith seriously. Whoever asked him that stupid question needs to do their homework.

teegre 10-16-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Steel (Post 1038481)
You seriously made a thread about whether it is or isn't Troy's own choice/decison to cut or not cut his own damn hair? Again, seriously? Naw, you're just playin', right? Seriously? :laughing:

Troy is married. Ergo, NOT his decision.

[We all know that that is the truth.] :wink02:

casteeler 10-16-2012 10:09 PM

Troy has played his heart out for Pittsburgh. The guy is injured and gives a hell of a lot more than the majority of this mess the Steelers call a defense

StainlessStill 10-16-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelfan23 (Post 1038474)

Flame away

Were you the dude that posted this same thing on PFT fan section? Haha, that said, way overblown. Troy is a football player and understands that all rosters around the league work just as hard as him. Troy's not good at answering those types of questions. You call it selfish. I call it humble.