Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Where are the trick plays? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92555)

Stu Pidasso 10-18-2012 11:39 PM

Where are the trick plays?

Remember when once a game minimum, we would pull something out of our bag of tricks and get a quick TD? When was the last time you seen a WR pass? Or and end around? Anything? I'm getting really F'n tired of run, run, bubble screen, Ben scramble, punt.

tony hipchest 10-18-2012 11:57 PM

Re: Where are the trick plays?

SB vs green bay.

they retired with randle el. with the minimum passes thrown, i think antwaan holds the leagues highest passer rating record (which i think is a perfect 158.3 or whatever)

jerome bettis had a great passer rating as well.

is kordell or cedric wilson available?

PhantomJB93 10-19-2012 12:24 AM

Back when we had WR's with QB experience (Randle El and Ward) it was really easy to pull one of those plays out and trust it to work. I don't doubt one of our receivers or backs COULD pull a trick play off now, but it's hard enough for them to worry about learning this new offense as is, so teaching them how to run a trick play and throw downfield could be considered a waste of time right now.

ricardisimo 10-19-2012 04:33 AM

I always kind of assumed the bubble screen were our trick plays. :noidea:

maddog78 10-19-2012 07:15 AM

I don't ever recall getting a TD per game on trick plays, but Whiz was the prankster.

Darkstorm05 10-19-2012 07:19 AM

Also, our execution and focus are in the toilet right now. We can barely pull off standard plays from the playbook. Any of that flea flicker crap at this point would be an instant fumble or interception.

steelerchad 10-19-2012 08:19 AM

Trick plays usually only work when you have the run game clicking. Teams stack the box, you hand it to the running back or end around and every comes up to make the tackle and forget there's a receiver they had responsibility for 20 yards behind them.

No run game= No successful trick plays.

steelfury02 10-19-2012 08:32 AM

yes, just not enough respect to completely load up - they've been stoppin the run with 6 or 7 guys

FrancoLambert 10-19-2012 03:26 PM

I expected more use of Rainey in this area.
I thought they would try more plays to get him isolated with space to run.

SquirrelHillSteelNut 10-21-2012 06:51 PM

the Wiz took them all with him to Arizona. *sighs*

*along with one of my favorites, number 35 Dan Kreider. dammit*