Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How Many Ike-PIs Colon-Holds (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92629)

eafratitpm3 10-21-2012 08:23 PM

How Many Ike-PIs Colon-Holds

I'm starting a thread to see who can get the correct count for the rest of the season. I say Ike will have 3 PIs and Colon will have 4 holds. Let's go Steelers!!! Even with these predictions I think we will win going away.:tt04::tt04::tt04:

eafratitpm3 10-21-2012 11:34 PM

Re: How Many Ike-PIs Colon-Holds

I'm happy to say I was wrong and there were no PIs by Ike and no Holds by Colon. The moral of the story if these two stats are 0 we win. Thank you and have a good night!!!!

tony hipchest 10-22-2012 12:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XErftbBE_5Q

since this thread got absolutely no play, i suggest these random thoughts go in the official gameday thread, in the future.

its a great (atleast better) place to do a science!

TRH 10-22-2012 12:07 AM

Colon pretty much had a monster game tonight...

austinfrench76 10-22-2012 12:10 AM

Colon played like a pro bowler!!!

SteelersCanada 10-22-2012 12:26 AM

I don't think anyone saw Ike holding AJ to one reception for 8 yards, albeit a touchdown. Quite simply, he blanketed him all night. People are going to point to the fact that he had help from Mundy and Clark, but he did an impressive job and looked like the Ike Taylor from a couple years back. This second half defense played shut down football, and I think it starts and ended with the fact that AJ wasn't given an inch all night and Dalton was forced to look elsewhere and make poor decisions/throws.

Colon looked like a stud. He was pushed around by Atkins a couple of times, but I can't think of a guard that hasn't been. He was stellar in run blocking and impressed in pass protection. For a line missing arguably the best Center in the game, along with the starting RT, they played very well. Props need to go to Adams and Legursky, too. It looks like Adams is improving every snap he takes, and Legursky filled in admirably for Pouncey. When this line gets DeCastro back and Adams can finally take over LT (maybe RT? who knows at this point) this line will be a point of strength, which is something new for this team.

All in all, a second half effort that looked like the Steelers of a few years ago. If we're able to grab an OLB in the draft, along with a young safety, this defense will be studs once again. But, possible draft targets is for a different topic.

stb_steeler 10-22-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 (Post 1039431)
I'm starting a thread to see who can get the correct count for the rest of the season. I say Ike will have 3 PIs and Colon will have 4 holds. Let's go Steelers!!! Even with these predictions I think we will win going away.:tt04::tt04::tt04:

Kinda reminds me of putting the cart before the horse :doh:

Rotorhead 10-22-2012 03:23 PM

Are some of these people even Steeler fans? "How bad can we suck tonight, lets try and guess!?" "Oh well we didnt suck, but we still suck"?! Really, go root for a team that does suck ALL THE TIME.

EbonySteel86 10-22-2012 03:59 PM

Colon played outstanding, and Dwyer continues to impress me. He's a beast, but you gotta keep feeding him. Trying to figure out how Batch made the roster. He hasn't shown me anything other than the fact he can pass block real good. I'm glad Haley didn't give up on the run game. It should get better as the weather gets colder.

steelfury02 10-23-2012 12:15 PM

B_E_A_S_T, Beastily Beast, ya Beast