Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tale of 2 halves (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92643)

steelerchad 10-21-2012 10:41 PM

Tale of 2 halves

Until that implosion by Dalton hitting his O lineman in the back with that pass that Woodley snatched, this game was heading in the wrong direction. After that, we put it in with Heath, convert for 2 with Heath. 2nd Half. Shut their O down completely while controlling the game and clock with a new found running game.

Too many drops and mistakes early in this game, but I'll take a division road win any day. If they play like they did in the 2nd half of this game they can turn this season around.

Chadmagic 10-22-2012 12:27 AM

Re: Tale of 2 halves

Agreed! First half we had the plague. Second half we were healed.
Hopefully winning attitudes will become habit forming around the locker room now.

MasterOfPuppets 10-22-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadmagic (Post 1040244)
Agreed! First half we had the plague. Second half we were healed.
Hopefully winning attitudes will become habit forming around the locker room now.

healed? what did you find so impressive about putting up a whole 10 points in 2 quarters? :noidea:

AndyWitmyer 10-22-2012 02:44 AM

Yeah, healed might be a little too strong of a word.

I will say this - the Pittsburgh they definitely showed some heart and determination when they did what seemed impossible and tied things up by the end of the half. And while their second half was much better than the first, overall...it was still something a mixed bag.

The patience with the run finally paid off - in spite of playing without Redman and Mendy, they walked away with well over 100 yards of rushing. And although hampered by an red zone interception (and an intercepted fumble), the passing game was fairly good - Ben might have been even better had he passed the ball more often to players like Brown. Wallace was a disgrace - he was the intended receiver far more often than deserved and left far too many plays on the field.

I was definitely relieved to see that the D was still capable of playing in a 4th quarter. Sadly, with only a few scattered exceptions, the special teams kickoff and return teams were a total mess, with costly flags at nearly every turn. Suisham was once again the a bright spot - he appears to be getting more and more confident and accurate with each and every game. I just hope that we won't need to rely on him as much - still, it's nice to know that he's there if we need a very good chance of putting up 3.