Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92674)

teegre 10-22-2012 02:49 PM

The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
I listen to Colin Cowherd, every morning, on my commute. The guy is very educated, and usually spot on. I don't always "like" what he says, but he is usually very accurate. He doesn't play favorites nor does he sugar-coat anything.

Anyway, this morning, in his "Colin was right; Colin was wrong" segment, he stated:

"I was right about the Steelers. They are getting healthy. BB is amazing. The Steelers will go on a tear, over the next two months, going 6-2 or 7-1."

I concur.

FanSince72 10-22-2012 04:20 PM

Re: The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1040445)
I listen to Colin Cowherd, every morning, on my commute. The guy is very educated, and usually spot on. I don't always "like" what he says, but he is usually very accurate. He doesn't play favorites nor does he sugar-coat anything.

Anyway, this morning, in his "Colin was right; Colin was wrong" segment, he stated:

"I was right about the Steelers. They are getting healthy. BB is amazing. The Steelers will go on a tear, over the next two months, going 6-2 or 7-1."

I concur.

I think 6-2 is quite possible.

Like I've said before, we have way too much talent to be struggling as we have been -- even with the injuries. I think the Bengals game was a good example of that because we won despite Troy being out and Harrison / Woodley being less than 100% as well as having many offensive starters in sweats as well.

I think if Tomlin / LeBeau / Haley keep mixing things up as they did in that game and they keep going deep into the bench to get reps for guys who don't normally get them, can only be a good thing.
I think that game showed that it doesn't have to be all about Troy or Mendy or whoever has been "The Man" in the eyes of the coaching staff and that we are a lot deeper than we may have thought.

Granted, it takes more work to game plan that way, but I think that extra work will pay off big in the future.

StainlessStill 10-22-2012 04:24 PM

Re: The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
I say we go 7-3 the rest of the way on route to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth, which ever seed it may be, right on par with what I predicted before the season.

If we can catch hot at the RIGHT time this year versus limping at the end of the year, who knows, we may be the team nobody wants to face.

maddog78 10-22-2012 04:25 PM

Re: The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
He's actually wrong quite often, because he loves to play contrarian and rile people up into calling.

Steel_Bus_24 10-22-2012 04:26 PM

Re: The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
Im not going to believe that until the steelers show more consistency....They're still committing too many penalties and leaving plays on the field

teegre 10-22-2012 04:29 PM

Re: The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessStill (Post 1040463)
I say we go 7-3 the rest of the way on route to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth, which ever seed it may be, right on par with what I predicted before the season.

I see a seven game winning streak, losing to San Diego (because my wife needs somethiNG to be happy about for her Chargers season), followed by another seven game winnning streak.

Quote:

If we can catch hot at the RIGHT time this year versus limping at the end of the year, who knows, we may be the team nobody wants to face.
DD comes back right before the play-offs. As will Mendy & Troy. I say rest all three of them until they are 100% healed. And then... unleash them, right before the play-offs.

teegre 10-22-2012 04:31 PM

Re: The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1040465)
He's actually wrong quite often, because he loves to play contrarian and rile people up into calling.

I could see that angle... if he took calls.

Regardless, he usually is pretty accurate on most of the stuff I've heard him talk about.

Fire Arians 10-22-2012 04:32 PM

Re: The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
i'll believe it when i see it, one win against the bengals is a start, but nothing to get overly excited about right now

teegre 10-22-2012 04:36 PM

Re: The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1040470)
i'll believe it when i see it, one win against the bengals is a start, but nothing to get overly excited about right now

Going into the weekend, the Texans were the #1 seed.

After that... the Ravens (the #2 seed) are are declining. A ton of teams were log-jammed with 3 losses. And, the Steelers still have FIVE division games left to play.

I am very high on the chances at a play-off berth.

WVABE 10-22-2012 04:44 PM

Re: The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games
 
I still say 12-4 :hatsoff:

Its gonna be interesting :popcorn:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum