Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tomlin benched Dwyer for fumbling (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92700)

maddog78 10-23-2012 06:46 AM

Tomlin benched Dwyer for fumbling

Glad the kid responded, but I have to ask, why hasn't anyone else been benched for poor play? How many KO returns is Dick Van Dyke going to have called back before he loses a hat?

Coach Mike Tomlin didn’t hide his displeasure that Jonathan Dwyer’s lost fumble cost the Steelers a valuable possession during their last-second loss Sept. 23 in Oakland.

So Tomlin delivered a message to Dwyer, and made certain his teammates knew about it, too.

According to right guard Ramon Foster, Tomlin posted on the team meeting room message board that Dwyer wouldn’t play the next week against Philadelphia. Tomlin also held him out of the Tennessee game.

For Dwyer, it was one fumble and two games lost.

“Coach put it on the board for everyone to know that he wasn’t playing that weekend,” Foster said after Dwyer ran for 122 yards in his first career start, the Steelers’ 24-17 win Sunday night in Cincinnati. “I’m glad to see him respond.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2A7c0FfSJ

Steelers>NFL 10-23-2012 07:32 AM

Re: Tomlin benched Dwyer for fumbling

Yeah, why was Ike Taylor not benched? He has had the shittiest year of all Steler players so far this season.
Finally came to play Sunday against the Bens-Gals.

steelfury02 10-23-2012 09:07 AM

seems to be the young guys Tomlin likes to put in his dog house - some of these "still awesome vets" need to be taken down 1 1/2 pegs imo

torpedoshell31 10-23-2012 09:36 AM

If Mike Wallace was benched for dropping passes, he wouldn't see the field for the rest of the season.

maddog78 10-23-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 (Post 1040656)
If Mike Wallace was benched for dropping passes, he wouldn't see the field for the rest of the season.

I think that was an aberration for Wallace. I look for a huge rebound game vs. a terrible defense.

torpedoshell31 10-23-2012 09:47 AM

Maddog-I agree that Wallace needs to make a statement after that disappointing game he played Sunday night. The Redskins have a very poor defense so he is going to get plenty of chances.
You totally right about the Van Dyke kid. He has to lead the entire NFL in special team penalties.

Millers the sh!t 10-23-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog78 (Post 1040658)
I think that was an aberration for Wallace. I look for a huge rebound game vs. a terrible defense.

Although that game was ultra terrible for Wallace, he has had a case of the drops since last season. His hands are mediocre at best. I can catch better than Wallace.

steelfury02 10-23-2012 10:01 AM

I was gonna lay down all these mediocre stats on Wallace, but it ain't worth it. The eye test is enough. He is average at best dating to the 2nd half of last season. PAY THE MAN (4 to 5 mill at most)

Twentyvalve 10-23-2012 10:34 AM

That seems stupid. Like that is the reason they lost the game. If guys got benched making mistakes, half the players in the league would be in out at any given time. Stupid stupid stupid. This makes no sense, there must be more to it than this.

maddog78 10-23-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t (Post 1040661)
Although that game was ultra terrible for Wallace, he has had a case of the drops since last season. His hands are mediocre at best. I can catch better than Wallace.

He had four drops last season.