Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ben, the Best Quarterback in the AFC (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=92965)

3rdandlong 10-28-2012 06:17 PM

Ben, the Best Quarterback in the AFC

For much of the season I think Ben has made a good case that he is the best quarterback in the AFC. When he's finally getting offensive line protection, he's looking elite. Once again Ben looked dominant today. He may not necessarily put up the 300 yard games every week, but that doesn't matter. Now if the defense can just pick it up a little, we got ourselves a contender.

SteelersCanada 10-28-2012 06:20 PM

Re: Ben, the Best Quarterback in the AFC

I'd say he's second best to Brady.

ETL 10-28-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1041997)

I agree with you. He's clearly better than Schaub and Rivers and although nationwide NFL fans may cite Peyton Manning - I would put Ben well ahead of Manning. Brady still has an edge over Ben in terms of passing production.

Fire Arians 10-28-2012 06:30 PM

manning is washed up, his best days are way behind him. brady is brady, but there's nobody i'd rather have on my team than ben right now

rivers is an overrated douchebag and the only reason why he's ever talked about is he's good for fantasy points, but he doesn't win games. he's this generation's jeff george

TRH 10-28-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1041997)

They're both good - but Brady gets better pass protection and their line over the years also hasn't been decimated by inury. That accounts for quite a bit.

Watch any, and i mean ANY, of the games in the past 6 or 7 years when Brady has faced pressure that other QB's face - he immediately comes back down to earth and is an average QB. In high profile games, the 1st super bowl loss to the Giants is a great example of exactly that.

Fire Arians 10-28-2012 06:51 PM

ben is definitely on his way to having a career season, the switch to haley might have been the best move for him. putting up bigger numbers AND he's not gettting hit, what's not to like about the new system?

SteelersCanada 10-28-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1042017)
ben is definitely on his way to having a career season, the switch to haley might have been the best move for him. putting up bigger numbers AND he's not gettting hit, what's not to like about the new system?

I don't think anyone is questioning the system - it's working out great. Like you said, he's on his way to a career year in terms of TD's and lack of sacks. However, he's no Tom Brady. Roethlisberger is an elite quarterback, probably top 3. However, Tom Brady has accomplished more and is making an argument as the best quarterback to ever do it.

Penn 10-28-2012 07:03 PM

Hes probably having his best season as a whole so far. Brady is still tops in the AFC though

LVSteelersfan 10-28-2012 07:05 PM

Ben has things about him that are better than Brady. Escapability for one. Brady has none. If he ever quits throwing bone headed picks, then maybe he will one day be the best in the AFC. We beat the Broncos if not for that and have a 5-2 record.

lardlad 10-28-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1042017)

It's boring, some would say. Not me. It has to be way more demoralizing to a defense when you line up and move the sticks. One or two big plays that scores the same points seems less worrisome to me.

Nope not me I like not giving up sacks and keeping our d off the field. I also like our new and improved short game in the redzone. I also like not having to be in shotgun on third and inches. I also like that plays seem designed this year. Not like they are barely getting plays off.