Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Johnathon Dwyer Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93106)

BlaZeQuietly 11-01-2012 12:31 PM

Official Johnathon Dwyer Thread

Sure it's only been 2 back to back 100+ games, but this guy can run with power. I heard him referred to as "mini-bus". He's better than mende ever was, and hes younger and better than redman to. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have reestablished a running game. Time to cut our losses and either bench or trade mende cause right now hes breathing the good steelers oxygen. :tt04:

stb_steeler 11-01-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Official Johnathon Dwyer Thread

Its early to tell how hes gonna pan out but he has shown promise, not sure why they ride Mendy's coat tail so much.....I guess in time we will see!

Darkstorm05 11-01-2012 12:41 PM

Dwyer is a backup, Mendy is a starter. Maybe one day Dwyer will step up his game, but currently he can't run more than 15 yards without taking a break, and that 100 yard game cost him an injury even though he barely got touched on the run that took him out. He'll put up another 20 yard week soon, and we can shelf this talk again until another backup has a good game. The guy who rushed 12 times for 28 yards against the jets is going to unseat Mendy? Funny.

BlaZeQuietly 11-01-2012 12:45 PM

Mende seems to confuse the sidelines with the endzones and football with dancing with the stars, he sucks.

BlaZeQuietly 11-01-2012 12:47 PM

here

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...s-faith-in-him

GoFor7 11-01-2012 12:48 PM

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the RBs over the offseason. Mendenhall's contract is up, and both Redman and Dwyer are RFAs. I doubt they'll keep both Redman and Dwyer, and since it seems like the Steelers want to continue talks with Wallace after the season (with the possibility of a franchise tag), I'm not so sure Mendenhall will be back.

Darkstorm05 11-01-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1043032)

Yes...

Quote:

"Rashard's been here, he's earned the starting job, he's played well, he's had great years here, he's the starter and that's it," Dwyer said, adding that Mendenhall, whom he called "the head honcho," hasn't done anything to lose his job. Dwyer said his role is "to complement Rashard."

BlaZeQuietly 11-01-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 (Post 1043037)
Yes...

Yeah, I read it after I posted it, lol, I look like an idiot. Mendy still sucks though

Darkstorm05 11-01-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 1043038)
Yeah, I read it after I posted it, lol, I look like an idiot. Mendy still sucks though

Haha...I know there's Mendy hate, but Dwyer has a ways to go. Don't get me wrong, I put him higher on my list than Redman, but he has some work to do. I do agree there's a good chance that Mendy bails next year. If that's the case I think we go to a 50/50 split on Dwyer and Rainey for the season, and see how that pans out. We can maybe ride the passing game if we need to, but eventually I look for us to draft a franchise RB in a higher round.

Millers the sh!t 11-01-2012 03:48 PM

I thought it was Redman who was supposed to be the starter after he had 2 decent games......?

Mendy is our guy. He's proven, and most of all I still don't think he's ever been given a chance to show us hos potential under the Bird Brain Bruce Arians scheme. I can't wait to see what Haley does with Rashard once he's back for a few weeks.

I'd like to see Dwyer as our second guy cause it seems to me that Redman pulled a Mark Sanchez and regressed since last season .

The Mendenhall/Dwyer combo sounds good to me. Speed and power. Im looking forward to seeing what these two can pull off together for the rest of the season. Especially in the playoffs..... I have a feeling we will be running like a maniac Forrest Gump team.