Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will V. Cruz salsa over I. Taylor today? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93200)

mikegrimey 11-04-2012 01:23 PM

Will V. Cruz salsa over I. Taylor today?

Even the most staunch of Taylor's defenders will admit he has been having a rough season this year. Veteran quarterbacks have had a lot of success against him. He matched up good with A.J. Green agains the Bengals, but he had a lot of help, and the Bengals have very few weapons outside of Green so it was easier to key in on him in a game-plan. P. Manning, Palmer and Hasselback have had success against our secondary. Sanchize, Vick (until the 4th quarter), Dalton and Griffin III have been held in check. E. Manning definitely fits in with the former lot, a strong veteran passer, and the Giants have good receiving weapons.

What do u fink? Will Cruz and co. salsa all over our secondary or will Taylor and co. prove they've turned things around?

tony hipchest 11-04-2012 02:36 PM

Re: Will V. Cruz salsa over I. Taylor today?

it will be hard to keep all their receivers out of the endzone. i definitely dont think the steelers will pitch a shootout every game and dont expect them to do so.

i think cruz will get a td but be held under 100 yds.

i think brown, wallace, and miller respond, with only brown offering a salsa of his own.

tony hipchest 11-04-2012 03:07 PM

its worthy to note that AJ green is almost taking the great champ bailey to school in 1-on-1 coverage today, giving him more than he can handle.

however i somewhat doubt denver fans will be turing on champ the way steelerfans have on ike.

SteelersCanada 11-04-2012 03:12 PM

If Taylor can play Cruz the way he played Green, absolutely not. They're going to have Allen / Mundy providing Safety help of course.

Fire Arians 11-04-2012 03:54 PM

we're probably going to give him help over the top, so i wouldn't be worried about this matchup. more intriguing is lewis vs nicks

Curtain_of_Steel 11-04-2012 03:57 PM

If Taylor can play Cruz like he did Green? You mean if we double team the WR Ike is covering? Because that was exactly what occurred in the Bengals game. Our great shutdown guy had double team help to savehis ass.

SteelersCanada 11-04-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel (Post 1043669)
If Taylor can play Cruz like he did Green? You mean if we double team the WR Ike is covering? Because that was exactly what occurred in the Bengals game. Our great shutdown guy had double team help to savehis ass.

... So doubleteaming a WR threat is a bad thing? Ike did his job and Allen and Mundy provided help shutting down Green. If Cruz gets shut down in a similar manner, what does it matter how it happened?

You're flaming Ike for the sake of flaming Ike, something that Steelers fans think is trendy all of a sudden.

mikegrimey 11-04-2012 06:08 PM

Good first half from these guys. A couple of PI calls on Lewis, but on one he did exactly what you want a defender to do. Hope they handle the 2nd half just as well

Darkstorm05 11-04-2012 07:30 PM

The only salsa was filling Cruz's pants when he got hammered by Clark.

lipps83 11-04-2012 07:33 PM

Yeah, Ike blows.

Not. So what if he has a bad game here or there, he is the best corner that has been on this team since Woodson left.