Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wild card position (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93228)

steve314 11-04-2012 07:35 PM

Wild card position

Congrats to the Steelers on clawing their way back to wild card position--if the season ended today, they'd make the playoffs. And they got there with a road win against a decent team, too. Obviously the work is not done, but it's a nice milestone, especially after the horrible 2-3 start....

desertsteel 11-04-2012 07:53 PM

Re: Wild card position

Decent team? Lol... The Giants were the media darlings the last several weeks. They were no. 2 in the ESPN power rankings. We physically dominated them and shut Eli down.

steelfury02 11-04-2012 07:55 PM

As of now:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

ChristianKustomz 11-04-2012 09:09 PM

I like the few sacks we had on Eli to bump up his sacked stats! Today's game truly looked like the SB champs Steelers team I remember. Finally some passion. Finally the drive and intensity. It was great to see all three phases working together. This was the first game I saw true team work even when staring down the face of adversity.

Go Pittsburgh!

ZoneBlitzer 11-04-2012 09:13 PM

They still have to hold serve if you will. I'm liking what I hear out of Big Ben. He knows that they are still leaving a lot out on the field and that there is room for improvement. If this team can get healthy and really put it together offensively, the sky is the limit. They have got some tremendously skilled players on offense to make use of.

steve314 11-04-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer (Post 1044606)
They still have to hold serve if you will. I'm liking what I hear out of Big Ben. He knows that they are still leaving a lot out on the field and that there is room for improvement. If this team can get healthy and really put it together offensively, the sky is the limit. They have got some tremendously skilled players on offense to make use of.

Glad to hear it. Never good to peak in the middle of the season, not to mention that the first-round trip to Foxboro that the #6 seed may have to make is, uh, suboptimal....

steeltheone 11-05-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve314 (Post 1044513)
Congrats to the Steelers on clawing their way back to wild card position--if the season ended today, they'd make the playoffs. And they got there with a road win against a decent team, too. Obviously the work is not done, but it's a nice milestone, especially after the horrible 2-3 start....

Arguably the best team in the league, and SB Champs! Nice game Steelers!

SuperSteelers 11-05-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve314 (Post 1044690)
Glad to hear it. Never good to peak in the middle of the season, not to mention that the first-round trip to Foxboro that the #6 seed may have to make is, uh, suboptimal....

Who says they've peaked? :tt02:

steelfury02 11-05-2012 10:04 AM

it really seems like baby steps every game from Cincy on.

Cincy - the O-line stepped it up
Washington - The D stepped it up
Giants - the other receivers, our other running back, and other kick returners stepped it up

TheVet 11-05-2012 04:11 PM

Let's not even think about wild card possibilities .. this team should win the AFCN outright. We have not yet begun to peak!