Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Server troubles (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93277)

Bayz101 11-05-2012 01:52 PM

Server troubles

The website has been experiencing some server troubles, and I've contacted the host. If it goes down at any point, it's probably them doing something behind the scenes, so just sit tight and check back in five or so minutes. Refreshing does nothing but make there jobs harder, and it adds to the server strain. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Lokki 11-05-2012 03:31 PM

Re: Server troubles

Just a question for you Bayz. I'm not sure if the site ever had one in the past, however, have you guys considered maybe adding a chat room?

It seems like the biggest crashes to the site are when the post counts are high during the games. If there was a chat room, maybe it would ease the site some since the database wouldn't be getting flooded with multiple posts at once.

Just an idea.

Bayz101 11-05-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lokki (Post 1044928)
Just a question for you Bayz. I'm not sure if the site ever had one in the past, however, have you guys considered maybe adding a chat room?

It seems like the biggest crashes to the site are when the post counts are high during the games. If there was a chat room, maybe it would ease the site some since the database wouldn't be getting flooded with multiple posts at once.

Just an idea.

The server memory commonly exceeds 100% on game days when activity is at it's highest, and that's something that NEEDS to be fixed by our host. I've been bitching them out since nine this morning, and so far things seem to be going nowhere. I've taken so many precautions to prevent this from continuing to happen, and for a few weeks it hasn't, and last night the same problems started coming up again.

I have toyed with the idea of installing a chat, but I strongly believe that the server needs to be able to handle high amounts of activity, and if it can't, i'll get with the owner and explore our options as far as moving the website to a new host. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll certainly keep it in mind and see what I can do to make something like that happen.

Bayz101 11-06-2012 02:42 PM

Just a note that our host is investigating the server issues right now, and intermittent forum outages are possible. If things stop working for a bit, just hang tight, we'll be back online in a jiffy.

Bayz101 11-09-2012 07:42 PM

Just performed a quick maintenance on the server and increased server hold by about 3%. Please note that until we're done repairing these server problems, the forum may be a little unstable.

stb_steeler 11-10-2012 10:38 AM

I noticed server trouble a few times last night

Bayz101 11-10-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stb_steeler (Post 1046234)
I noticed server trouble a few times last night

Yeah, it lasted for about ten minutes or so during server work.