Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mendenhall's contract (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93283)

Vis 11-05-2012 02:44 PM

Mendenhall's contract

He's unrestricted at the end of the season. I don't believe he will receive an offer for the Steelers. What say ye?

teegre 11-05-2012 02:48 PM

Re: Mendenhall's contract

I liken it to the Wallace situation.

I foresee him getting a decent offer, but he could get a lot more elsewhere. Redman and/or Dwyer could take his place (not that they are better, but simply, they would be more cost effective). Plus, there is Batch (who is "eh") and Rainey (who is good, but small). Lastly, Haley likes the "RB by committee" approach... which means that he'd rather have three or four good RBs than one great RB.

In the end, the decision will be Droppy's:
Sign for less money.
Go elsewhere for more.

Vis 11-05-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1044939)
I liken it to the Wallace situation.

I foresee him getting a decent offer, but he could get a lot more elsewhere. Redman and/or Dwyer could take his place (not that they are better, but simply, they would be more cost effective). Plus, there is Batch (who is "eh") and Rainey (who is good, but small). Lastly, Haley likes the "RB by committee" approach... which means that he'd rather have three or four good RBs than one great RB.

In the end, the decision will be Droppy's:
Sign for less money.
Go elsewhere for more.

I don't think he'll get any offer in Pittsburgh and he'll sign for a modest amount in Indy or Buf.

teegre 11-05-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis (Post 1044941)
I don't think he'll get any offer in Pittsburgh and he'll sign for a modest amount in Indy or Buf.

INDY would be my guess. Arians loves former Steelers... and they need a RB.

Solak 11-05-2012 02:55 PM

I say no way. We need to save money where we can. With the showing by Redman and Dwyer I think this is a spot we could save.

Hawaii 5-0 11-05-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1044942)
INDY would be my guess. Arians loves former Steelers... and they need a RB.

Pittsburgh Midwest...

teegre 11-05-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 (Post 1044946)
Pittsburgh Midwest...

Absolutely.

Vis 11-05-2012 03:05 PM

It depends on who the new HC and GM are in KC.

TheVet 11-05-2012 03:32 PM

Redman has clearly been the better back for a solid two years now, and I think Dwyer has shown the potential to be as good as Redman - or even better. Both Dwyer and Redman can make something happen from nothing, and we all know that Mendenhall is weak in that respect. And then there's the indecisiveness, and the fumbling problems.

It's hard to see why the Steelers would pay much for Mendy. It's just a #1 pick that didn't really work out as expected. Given his injuries, it may turn out that he's very cheap, so he might linger around. But I hope we just move on.

WVABE 11-05-2012 03:39 PM

Adios, probably Indy or AZ.