Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TJ DUCKET.....steeler? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=9341)

19ward86 08-09-2006 01:19 AM

TJ DUCKET.....steeler?

ive heard his name a lot with the steelers in the same sentence and i figured he could make me some rep if i talk about him. i thought the steelers should pick him up in a trade with the falcons to create a better running game. i think he would fit the steelers perfectly, he had 11 touchdowns his second season and that alone is a fantastic goaline stat. i think a second or third round pick and maybe former eagle duce would be a fair trade for him. i know he wouldnt cost much since he would know he wouldnt be getting 200+ carries. but instead of taking a risk with duce shouldnt art rooney go after this kid.:cool:

TasmanianTroy271 08-09-2006 01:31 AM

Re: TJ DUCKET.....steeler?

Yea, this was talked about alot more right before the draft, we actually were in talks with the Falcons for a draft day trade, but they wanted more than we'd give them. It might still come to pass, with Finneran going out for the season, and our deep WR core. If we see Quincy Morgan look good in Preseason, he might just get traded for Duckett. I just hope we don't get rid of Nate Washington...

Haiku_Dirtt 08-09-2006 04:57 AM

Here's the rub. If Duce stays heathly then we are better than fine. If Duce goes down and Verron can't quite reach new levels then they'll want more than we'll give.

This is why Whiz is Ken Whiz. He has options that will still keep defenses at bay. Hence the Harrison & Keisel display on short yardage. As if to say to the Falcons...*uck off.

And the Parker factor on short passing plays...lethal.

Midnightwriter07 08-09-2006 06:41 AM

I think what to look for his how well Humes plays and if the front office feels he will be a part of this team for years to come or not. We offered a 5th round pick for Duckett during draft and the Falcons didnt want that. I would not mind Duckett on this team, but what the Falcons would want for him and what his current salary could be a problem. Pus, Duckett has made reference to more carries in the past in Atlanta.. something he would not get here with the Steelers so with all things combined.. not sure if will be a great fit or not.

I too am looking to see how Humes performs in some preseason games to see if he actually was a steal in the 7th round or if he will be a player that will ride the bench this year and be cut next year after we take a RB in the first 3 rounds if he is not so good.

PisnNapalm 08-09-2006 08:04 AM

I think our RB situation is fine. Duce is a question mark but I think he is gonna have a big year for us.

X-Terminator 08-09-2006 10:15 AM

Personally, I don't see it happening barring injury. Parker, Staley and Haynes can all carry the load just fine, IMO.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 08-09-2006 10:39 AM

I would be pissed if we traded ashington...I was on his bandwagon since the start of last year...I think he will be good. I dont see us trading to ge another back....Remember...Humes will be gromed into a fine goal line back..Hes big enough and not afraid to hit the holes

BigBen2WardPITT 08-09-2006 11:10 AM

steelers making a trade? unlikely.

19ward86 08-09-2006 12:06 PM

i wouldnt expect them to make a trade involving washington, maybe a more experienced guy than that. plus i am a big nate fan also. i would rather take chances with duce than give up nate.

Dook 08-09-2006 12:13 PM

From the camp reports it seems that Humes is not getting it. Cowher yelled at him the other day because he's not running hard, lack of effort.

A healthy Duce can get the job done. He was a bull his first year but I really feel that after letting him recouperate last year this is his last chance.

Also we just may get Duckett for nothing. The Falcons may cut him when roster cuts come Aug 29 and early September.