Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   At first I thought Keenan Lewis was crazy talking Pro Bowl.... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93416)

EbonySteel86 11-08-2012 09:12 PM

At first I thought Keenan Lewis was crazy talking Pro Bowl....

.....not anymore!!!!:tt:

pittpete 11-08-2012 10:09 PM

Re: At first I thought Keenan Lewis was crazy talking Pro Bowl....

Not taking anything away from his performance lately, but he's going to need a few more than 0 INT's to make the Probowl

steeltheone 11-08-2012 10:30 PM

When did he do that? These guys need to shut up and play, damn!

PhantomJB93 11-08-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittpete (Post 1045963)
Not taking anything away from his performance lately, but he's going to need a few more than 0 INT's to make the Probowl

Yeah, no matter how well he plays and shuts guys down, turnovers are the only thing that matter for getting to the Pro Bowl.

Not that the Pro Bowl matters anymore or anything...

IowaSteeler927 11-09-2012 04:51 AM

He is definitely having a great season so far. That play against the Giants on 3rd and 5 where we made the blitz too easily identifiable. Lewis was supposed to be coming in on a cornerback blitz. Manning noticed and called it out. When the play started Lewis noticed that the protection came to him so instead he backed out of the blitz, got into the passing lane, and deflected the pass. That was a smart play. This guy has really shown improvement this year.

lardlad 11-09-2012 06:47 AM

I think the idea is its less crazy, not if he gets in or not.

Millers the sh!t 11-09-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 (Post 1046017)
He is definitely having a great season so far. That play against the Giants on 3rd and 5 where we made the blitz too easily identifiable. Lewis was supposed to be coming in on a cornerback blitz. Manning noticed and called it out. When the play started Lewis noticed that the protection came to him so instead he backed out of the blitz, got into the passing lane, and deflected the pass. That was a smart play. This guy has really shown improvement this year.

Same thing Harrison did when he intercepted the pass in the superbowl

Fire Arians 11-09-2012 11:46 AM

he needs to start holding on to interceptions before he can get in.

however, revis island seems to be nonexistant this year so a previous shoe-in will probably no longer be there, creating an opportunity for keenan if he can seize it

FrancoLambert 11-09-2012 09:05 PM

Much improved......most definitely. Making plays and his presence felt.
Pro bowl caliber........not so sure about that.

El-Gonzo Jackson 11-09-2012 10:49 PM

Pro Bowl was crazy, but I always thought he could anchor down one side of the field at CB and now he is showing that he can.

Funny how all the preseason fans were hoping for Cortez Allen to win the #2 CB job and now they are jumping on the Keenan Lewis Bandwagon.