Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Chiefs game Leftwich and Batch (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93479)

67 calsteel 11-11-2012 10:29 AM

Chiefs game Leftwich and Batch

We have all heard that Ben may miss a game for the birth of his child.Do you think if we get a big lead against the chief that we should put in the player that might replace him for a series or Two to get some game experience.Yes i know they both have started for us before but not in the new offense.I don't think the ravens game is the game to come in on with out some game time under your belt.What do you think?

TRH 11-11-2012 03:45 PM

Re: Chiefs game Leftwich and Batch

everybody keeps talking about "the big lead" we're going to have.

We have a history - a STRONG history of either losing these kinds of games or having it be a nail-biter right up until the final minute. Happens every time.

Buddha Bus 11-11-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRH (Post 1046437)

We have a history - a STRONG history of either losing these kinds of games or having it be a nail-biter right up until the final minute. Happens every time.

That history also historically included Bruce Arians as the o-coordinator and that isn't just a coincidence. He had a prominent hand in playing to lose those games with his boneheaded and arrogant playcalling.

I don't think it can be overstated that Haley was fired by the Chiefs and will be out to prove a point. Couple that with the fact it's a home game and it could potentially be a bloodbath.

I think it's a good idea that if we do get that "big lead", we should put Leftwich in and also sit Harrison and anyone else that is still banged up. Leftwich could knock some rust off right before the big Ravens game that he could possibly be playing in and we can keep Ben healthy another week.

MasterOfPuppets 11-11-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1046447)
That history also historically included Bruce Arians as the o-coordinator and that isn't just a coincidence.

have you forgotten the raider and titan games already ?

Bayz101 11-11-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1046470)
have you forgotten the raider and titan games already ?

We've started playing better football in recent weeks. I believe Haley's new gameplan is finally implemented fully and that we'll play a little better in the coming weeks.

SteelersCanada 11-11-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

We also have a strong history of winning on MNF at home.

GoFor7 11-11-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

If it were a road game I would agree with you. But at home, on MNF, I think the Steelers take care of things.

maddog78 11-12-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

This. The Steelers have surpassed 30 points once, in a loss to Oakland when they scored 31. This team doesn't force turnovers and any field position gained by special teams is quickly returned in the form of a penalty.

The result is that the offense is always driving on long fields, and it's an offense that doesn't make many big plays.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers win tonight, 24-13, scoring a late TD to put away a team that should lose 42-0.

grward 11-12-2012 08:10 AM

After the Bungholes beat up the Gmen yesterday, I'm wondering how good we are. Could it be that the Giants made us look good?

maddog78 11-12-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grward (Post 1046547)
After the Bungholes beat up the Gmen yesterday, I'm wondering how good we are. Could it be that the Giants made us look good?

The Giants swoon every November. They've been 6-2 five times since Eli has been there, and always fallen to 6-3. I think I heard on Mike and Mike that Coughlin is 30-6 in October, 13-21 in November.