Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Yellow Empty Seats (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93528)

SteelerNation89 11-12-2012 07:05 PM

Yellow Empty Seats

I have to ask why there are always empty seats at Steelers games, especially when the weather is bad. Do these people go somewhere else or not show up? It is very annoying to see it, I know our fans are better than that.

Darkstorm05 11-12-2012 07:07 PM

Re: Yellow Empty Seats

It's frequent to see empty spots when we play loser teams. I love going to Browns games because tickets are cheap on CL. I also find a lot of people leave their seats to stand along balconies, down in the open end, etc.. There's also a lot of sit down places to eat inside where you can watch the game on screens.

Bayz101 11-12-2012 07:10 PM

I rarely see empty seats, actually. It IS pouring rain right now, but I STILL think we'll have a full house.

Darkstorm05 11-12-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1046672)
I rarely see empty seats, actually. It IS pouring rain right now, but I STILL think we'll have a full house.

"Empty" for us is certainly very different from most teams. We have sprinkled empty seats, and that's pretty much as bad as it gets. But teams like the Bengals are tarping off entire sections. You'll never see that happen at Heinz field. You'll likely never even see it happen at any of our away games, because Steeler fans will buy up enough tickets to sell it out.

Usually when we go maybe 1 in 10 seats will be empty. Again, we usually go when they play crap teams later on during colder weather, and a good bit of the empties are standing up somewhere nearby.

SteelersCanada 11-12-2012 07:30 PM

Every single home game has been sold out since '74. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

edit: obviously with piss-poor conditions there's going to be a few empty seats, but even then it's usually at capacity.

Millers the sh!t 11-12-2012 07:41 PM

Maybe ur watching ESPN pregame an hour before kickoff

rgj 11-12-2012 07:57 PM

Right now, this LOSER team has a 7-0 lead on the Steelers, getting their FIRST 1st quarter TD this season, eating up the "league-leading" NFL "defense."

steeltheone 11-12-2012 10:56 PM

Selling out a game does not mean everybody shows up.....esp in bad weather!

teegre 11-12-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 (Post 1046678)
"Empty" for us is certainly very different from most teams. We have sprinkled empty seats, and that's pretty much as bad as it gets. But teams like the Bengals are tarping off entire sections. You'll never see that happen at Heinz field. You'll likely never even see it happen at any of our away games, because Steeler fans will buy up enough tickets to sell it out.

Usually when we go maybe 1 in 10 seats will be empty. Again, we usually go when they play crap teams later on during colder weather, and a good bit of the empties are standing up somewhere nearby.

Agreed.

At the beginning, of the season, San Diego was playing an undefeated Atlanta team... and the game was blacked out. Again, it was a great match-up. That's why SD & JAX will likely be heading to LA... and PITT will have a team for all eternity.

madtowndrunkard 11-12-2012 11:27 PM

Yea there were easily 30-40% of the seats empty by the 2nd half. The steeler nation is everywhere, but really you have to question the locals not showing up to home games like they should. Rain? really? Even the announcers said something about it in the 4th. Not good.

I've been a steeler fan my whole life... but I have to say you would NEVER see that in Lambeau field. I think we are #2 when it comes to "home" field support. We are #1 when it comes to away game support. Quiet when 30% of the fans leave or don't show up.