Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lets look at the schedule...national tv.. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=9354)

BigBen2WardPITT 08-09-2006 10:13 AM

Lets look at the schedule...national tv..

I live in the washington DC area, so i dont get to see all the games. Luckily a lot of games are on National Tv this year, however, other then the rip off that is directv sunday ticket, what else is there? Is there anything else? I know field pass which is radio, but thats just a desperate move for me. I could go to the local steelers bar, yes, but other then that, what options do i have?

the nfl needs to make NFLTV like MLBTV on the internet...

83-Steelers-43 08-09-2006 10:57 AM

Re: Lets look at the schedule...national tv..

Personally, if I lived outside the Pittsburgh viewing area I would be hitting up the closest Steeler bar and watching the games with fellow Steeler fans.

19ward86 08-09-2006 11:13 AM

i go up to frickers or bw3s

SteelCityMan786 08-09-2006 11:15 AM

I hit the ESPN Zone is Washington last year before the Steelers beat the Bengals in the regular season.

Dook 08-09-2006 11:16 AM

I don't know if you have a Fox and Hound anywhere near but they are absolutely the best damn sports bar there is.

BigBen2WardPITT 08-09-2006 12:19 PM

yea theres a steelers bar actually really close to here, i just never get myself to go that much, im sure i will this year. Another reason i dont go is they usually fill twice their capacity on that place on any given sunday, so its hard to get seats unless u get a reservation.

dhosmer 08-09-2006 12:34 PM

You gotta check out Pour House in Capitol Hill. That place is an amazing Steelers bar. I lived in DC for two weeks (long story) but the two games that I went to at Pour House while I lived there were playoffs vs Cincinnati and vs Indy. Amazing place.

rowedf 08-09-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBen2WardPITT
I live in the washington DC area, so i dont get to see all the games. Luckily a lot of games are on National Tv this year, however, other then the rip off that is directv sunday ticket, what else is there? Is there anything else? I know field pass which is radio, but thats just a desperate move for me. I could go to the local steelers bar, yes, but other then that, what options do i have?

the nfl needs to make NFLTV like MLBTV on the internet...

How can you call the Sunday Ticket from Direct TV a rip off ?? I live in Pittsburgh so watching games is not a problem, but I still get the ticket, its awesome!!!

4n2t0 08-09-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowedf
How can you call the Sunday Ticket from Direct TV a rip off ?? I live in Pittsburgh so watching games is not a problem, but I still get the ticket, its awesome!!!

Agreed, I'm up in Canada and the "Sunday Ticket" package is a must. Not only to follow my favourite team but to also catch league wide coverage. I pay $27 CAN per month for 4 months, thankfully I work that into my yearly budget!

LetsRock 08-09-2006 01:31 PM

Ya gotta get the ticket in HD. There is nothing like watching the Steelers/Chicago game on a 50" HD Plasma. You could see the snow flakes sticking to the ball. This year I'm upgrading to a 110" HD projector in my new theater room. I hoste my own parties. No need to go to a bar and get in a fight with a disgruntled Eagle thug.