Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Leftwich Concerns (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93569)

MG08 11-13-2012 02:37 AM

Leftwich Concerns

If Byron would start next Sunday night, our offense will be limited not only by the "backup QB playbook", but even more by his throwing motion which absolutely kills our quick WR screens. Our O has thrived on these quick hitters that Byron takes forever to get the ball out to the sideline, which was somewhat apparent this evening.

Bayz101 11-13-2012 02:47 AM

Re: Leftwich Concerns

What's even more concerning is whether or not he'll play at ALL. He seemed a little woozy after taking a big hit early, and may have even played when he would otherwise exit the game. With Batch inactive, that wasn't an option, so i'm not entirely sure he wasn't injured. He may have a concussion. Hell, I knew something was wrong with him after he almost fell trying to stand up, not to mention the "deer in headlights" look on his face. This IS the guy who was carried up the field with a broken leg by a couple offensive lineman, though, so it's not much of a surprise that he hung in there and played through whatever it was he may have suffered.

MG08 11-13-2012 02:58 AM

Batch may be the better fit for Hailey's West Coastish offense. Anyone know who the Emergency QB would have been for tonight if Leftwich went down?

AgentGold007 11-13-2012 03:00 AM

I'd rather go with Batch personally. Batch may not have a strong arm, but with Todd Haley's short passing game, he doesn't need one. Plus I think he's more accurate than Lefty, reads defenses better, and makes better decisions in my opinion. I know the Steelers coaching staff obviously sees it different than I do, but we're 5-2 with Batch, so I'd like to see Batch get the call.

teegre 11-13-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG08 (Post 1047709)
Batch may be the better fit for Hailey's West Coastish offense. Anyone know who the Emergency QB would have been for tonight if Leftwich went down?

Leftwich's huge throwing motion does not mesh with with Haley's "quick pass" system.

Heath would be the "emergency" QB. Strange, huh?

Fire Arians 11-13-2012 03:04 AM

batch is better than leftwich period, i don't know why he's out #2

MG08 11-13-2012 03:05 AM

Having Hines and El on the team for so many years, it was scary to think about but we always had someone with some type of QB exp. Having Heath is beyond cause for concern, considering both Leftwich and Batch are definitely injury prone.

Bayz101 11-13-2012 03:24 AM

Heath, all 6'5 of him, earned all-state honors at the QB position in High-School, and was originally signed onto the Virginia squad as a QB.

AgentGold007 11-13-2012 03:33 AM

Hopefully we get the rest of our personnel back from their injuries, especially Brown, Mendy, Troy, and DeCastro. We need all hands on deck.

BritishSteel 11-13-2012 05:40 AM

Both Batch and Leftwich will be OK if they get a week of reps behind them, though Lefty takes an age to get the ball moving.