Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "Cursing at the Ref" (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93635)

ETL 11-13-2012 09:24 PM

"Cursing at the Ref"

WTF????

I have never ever heard of a player being penalized because he cursed at the ref. I'm assuming that the refs get cursed at every game ... right?

Was this one particular ref PMS'ing yesterday? Did his mommy not hug him enough as a kid? Are you fucking kidding me? 15 yards for cursing at refs?

I have a theory. I believe all the other referees were thoroughly embarassed that this penalty even got called. All of a sudden, they looked like over-sensitive pu$$ies in zebra suits. And the play after this 25 yard penalty was Redman's fumble. It looked as if for a second week in a row, the refs were giving the game to the other team. To make up for this - the Steelers got some good calls in the second half.

Still, it boggles my mind that some oversensitive ref whose "fweelings" were hurt would call this penalty. I would be very surprised if this penalty ever got called again the rest of this year.

Fire Arians 11-13-2012 10:19 PM

Re: "Cursing at the Ref"

i'm pretty sure trying to intimidate the refs in any way is against the rules. i can't back colon on this one, players need to stay cool in the games, even when shit's hitting the fan. I do like willie's intensity but he needs to chill out when the play's over.

Hawaii 5-0 11-13-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1048206)
i'm pretty sure trying to intimidate the refs in any way is against the rules. i can't back colon on this one, players need to stay cool in the games, even when shit's hitting the fan. I do like willie's intensity but he needs to chill out when the play's over.

I'm with you on this, the players can't be allowed to swear at the referees.

TRH 11-14-2012 08:56 AM

I wasn't aware you couldnt' "cuss" at them, thats done literally dozens of times every game -the question of intimidation is supposed to come into play when you get overly aggressive, charge or walk at them causing them to have to back up, or raise a hand at them.

Darkstorm05 11-14-2012 09:00 AM

You likely don't remember it because it's extremely rare to see a player do something as stupid as come at the refs. This isn't baseball where they let them kick dirt on umpires. Some under the breath swearing over a play skates, but if you get in their face, you get the hammer. Ask Deangelo Hall.

steelfury02 11-14-2012 09:12 AM

does anyone know what exactly was said to the ref?

If it was something like "What the eff - what was that call?" then that is BS penalty

Now, if he said "You effin blah blah blah" - then penalty deserved.

Just don't start pulling Kemos out of the bag every game and we're good:thumbsup:

FanSince72 11-14-2012 09:22 AM

Well, I think it should just be a five-yard penalty unless the comment begins with "Mother".

BowCatShot 11-14-2012 11:50 AM

Then we should train our players to throw their voices and talk without moving their lips. Then they could position an opponent player between themselves and the ref, cuss out the ref in mime style, making it appear like the other guy did it. Yeah.

Fire Arians 11-14-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowCatShot (Post 1048341)
Then we should train our players to throw their voices and talk without moving their lips. Then they could position an opponent player between themselves and the ref, cuss out the ref in mime style, making it appear like the other guy did it. Yeah.

dude that's genius haha.

Twentyvalve 11-14-2012 08:13 PM

I was cussing at the refs. I got no penalties:tt:.