Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers Make Transactions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93697)

Bayz101 11-15-2012 02:25 PM

Steelers Make Transactions
 
The Steelers made a number of roster moves today that included promoting linebacker Marshall McFadden to the active roster from the teamís practice squad. McFadden will wear No. 40.

McFadden spent the first 10 weeks of the 2012 season on the teamís practice squad. He originally was signed to the teamís offseason roster on January 18, 2012.

To make room for McFadden on the active roster, the Steelers placed linebacker Chris Carter on the teamís Reserve/Injured List with an abdominal injury. Carter saw action in eight games this season, making his first three career starts.

The Steelers also signed tight end Jamie McCoy to the teamís practice squad. McCoy will wear No. 80.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...d-e9b628d52575

Fire Haley 11-15-2012 02:31 PM

Re: Steelers Make Transactions
 
Welcome aboard !

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...review-300.jpg
MARSHALL MCFADDEN

Marshall McFadden will get his shot to make an NFL squad.

The former Lamar and S.C. State standout signed a futures/reserve contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. A futures/reserves contract is for players, who didn’t play in the NFL this year and means they can participate in all the offseason meetings and workouts.

McFadden, 6-foot-2, 237 pounds, had a workout for the Steelers last month but wasn’t signed to the practice squad. After the workout, he returned to Charlotte, N.C., where he has been training before he got the call he had been signed.

“I was kind of down because of the talent and ability that I have but I just hadn’t had the opportunity,” McFadden said. “But I have just kept my head up and kept working. I felt once I got the opportunity I would be able show my abilities and I felt good after I worked out for them.”

McFadden, an inside linebacker, was a four year starter for the Bulldogs and had 47 tackles and two sacks as a senior in 2010. He missed the entire 2009 season after getting hurt in preseason practice.

As a junior, he has 88 tackles and led the team with 11 tackles for loss.

http://www.scnow.com/sports/article_...e64dd8786.html

El-Gonzo Jackson 11-15-2012 02:37 PM

Re: Steelers Make Transactions
 
I'll take just about anybody at this point with some aggression and willingness to take on an OG in run defense. Larry Foote looks like he is just collecting a paychek and trying not to get hurt.

Lokki 11-15-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Steelers Make Transactions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson (Post 1048712)
I'll take just about anybody at this point with some aggression and willingness to take on an OG in run defense. Larry Foote looks like he is just collecting a paychek and trying not to get hurt.

Didn't Gruden say that Foote was the star of our Defense? Yeah, I chuckled too.

SteelersCanada 11-15-2012 02:44 PM

Re: Steelers Make Transactions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lokki (Post 1048714)
Didn't Gruden say that Foote was the star of our Defense? Yeah, I chuckled too.

When I heard this I thought he was being sarcastic at first, then I remembered that Gruden doesn't ever say anything badly about anyone in the NFL - ever. Everyone should be playing in the Pro Bowl and they're all All-Americans.

Bayz101 11-15-2012 02:45 PM

Re: Steelers Make Transactions
 
Why the hate for Foote? He's not a "Strong" backer, but he gets to the QB and around lineman quicker than any linebacker we have AND leads the defense in tackles.

SteelersCanada 11-15-2012 02:59 PM

Re: Steelers Make Transactions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1048717)
Why the hate for Foote? He's not a "Strong" backer, but he gets to the QB and around lineman quicker than any linebacker we have AND leads the defense in tackles.

Foote is only able to get to the QB quickly because Timmons isn't being used effectively. Sure, Foote is playing decently right now, but if Timmons had a younger and quicker LB to play inside with he'd be unstoppable.

He's only effective because Timmons and Woodley are getting all the attention.

edit - I like McFadden and I think he has a high ceiling. I was a little upset when he wasn't signed to the 53 originally, but I guess better late than never.

Bayz101 11-15-2012 03:20 PM

Re: Steelers Make Transactions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1048722)
Foote is only able to get to the QB quickly because Timmons isn't being used effectively. Sure, Foote is playing decently right now, but if Timmons had a younger and quicker LB to play inside with he'd be unstoppable.

He's only effective because Timmons and Woodley are getting all the attention.

edit - I like McFadden and I think he has a high ceiling. I was a little upset when he wasn't signed to the 53 originally, but I guess better late than never.

Those are excuses. It doesn't matter HOW he's getting the job done. He's getting it done. Woodley and Timmons are both paid significantly more than Foote, and he's outperforming them both. Foote won't be around forever, just like Farrior, but he IS doing his job, and If it ain't broke don't fix it.

SteelersCanada 11-15-2012 03:44 PM

Re: Steelers Make Transactions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayz101 (Post 1048724)
Those are excuses. It doesn't matter HOW he's getting the job done. He's getting it done. Woodley and Timmons are both paid significantly more than Foote, and he's outperforming them both. Foote won't be around forever, just like Farrior, but he IS doing his job, and If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm not saying he's playing poorly. In fact, he's probably playing as one of the top 5 members of this defense right now, but we'll have to agree to disagree on him outplaying Timmons. :drink:

Hawaii 5-0 11-15-2012 03:56 PM

Re: Steelers Make Transactions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1048730)
I'm not saying he's playing poorly. In fact, he's probably playing as one of the top 5 members of this defense right now, but we'll have to agree to disagree on him outplaying Timmons. :drink:

but when you consider what Foote is getting paid compared to what Timmons is receiving I would say we're getting a much better value with Larry Foote than we are with Lawrence Timmons.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum