Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The official Acceptance post, my new sig takes the lead. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93716)

BlaZeQuietly 11-15-2012 11:11 PM

The official Acceptance post, my new sig takes the lead.

It's time to get behind Byron and accept him for who he is, a cool guy with a strong arm. Can not compare to big ben but hes going to be the shot caller for the run at the play offs. I think hes going to do better than people think!

We need to accept Ben is gone for AT LEAST the rest of the regular season.
We can hope he is back to power us through the play offs and on way to SB
but for now Byron is the man, and we need to get behind him like he were Ben.
Byron has a great team to work with, better than he ever did before, I think he will do an excellent job.
Everybody get with me!!!!!!!:tt04::tt02::helmet::tt::tt03:

Hawaii 5-0 11-15-2012 11:25 PM

Re: The official Acceptance post, my new sig takes the lead.

count me in: :tt02:

GO Byron GO!

http://www.athlonsports.com/sites/de...ftwich-1_1.jpg

BlaZeQuietly 11-15-2012 11:41 PM

That's more like it, we have Byron Leftwich, a veteren with a great arm surrounded by the best group of people and best O-line he ever has been, let him flourish and shock the nfl by playing well above expectations
He's the man now, accept it embrace it
he's a hell of a lot better than tebow!

watch as he battles every inch of the way with the Steelers and marches them into the playoffs, this shit is gonna happen!!! come on can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!????

Bayz101 11-15-2012 11:42 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...HuXZWMKSiz-zdQ

BlaZeQuietly 11-15-2012 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1564 Get used to seeing this. Hes our man

Fire Arians 11-15-2012 11:48 PM

byron is my homeboy

teegre 11-16-2012 12:06 AM

My uncle is a Marshall alum. And, I've watched Byron a ton of times (side-note: Randy Moss in person is like watching an angel rope a unicorn: unbelievable).

The year that he was drafted, I was just praying that Byron didn't end up in BALT. Whew!!! It was close.

Then, when he signed with the Steelers, I was pleased. (Note: I've always felt that BB was the better QB, and preferred BB over Byron as a Steeler... but don't tell my uncle.)

My fandom aside, the dude never changed his mechanics, and thus, he never made it as a starter. His wind-up allowed DBs to break on the ball, and more importantly, he could never throw the short routes: he threw 90 mph fastballs to WRs who were five yards away.

But, when he throws a good ball, it can be a helluva pretty sight. That pass to Sanders is Byron at his (second) best. His "first" best is on the deep ball, which we haven't yet seen. He has an amaaazing deep ball. I foresee Wallace really liking Byron.

tony hipchest 11-16-2012 12:08 AM

i am with you. always been a byron fan. we coulda been stuck with d. culpepper and we've all seen how well that worked for the dolphins passing on drew brees (who ironically is breaking dan marino and johnny unitas records).

im just not so sure byron can last 3 quarters, let alone 3 games. we just havent seen it yet. but i sure as hell aint tossing in my terrible towel yet. i hope for byron to have the season he has always dreamed of and worked for. his loyalty to this team and his position has been shown, just like the venerable charlie batch before him.

call them shitty players all you want, they are proven great people who the team will rally behind (unlike tebow pulling all the judas knives out of his back up in NJ).

for what its worth, watching byron break his humerus is one of the worst sports injuries i have seen and i commend him for coming back.

teegre 11-16-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1048884)
call them shitty players all you want, they are proven great people who the team will rally behind.

Byron is the most popular player on the team. EVERYONE loves the dude... they will play their hardest for him.

Fire Arians 11-16-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 1048884)
always been a byron fan

even when he was a jagoff? i sure as shit hated him then :chuckle: