Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kirwan on steelers camp pt II (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=9373)

tony hipchest 08-09-2006 07:31 PM

Kirwan on steelers camp pt II

after his excellent article "turning back the hands of time" im suprised his follow up story hasnt been posted. great stuff and should calm all those who feel we may have lost something in the offseason.

this isnt a homer writing this stuff. it is one of the most objective and brightest analysts in football.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9585663

PisnNapalm 08-09-2006 07:46 PM

Re: Kirwan on steelers camp pt II

Excellent article. Thanks for posting it.

MattsMe 08-09-2006 07:49 PM

Quote:

Roethlisberger clarified his public passing request to me by saying, "I'd like some more options in the play selection if defenses present things we can take advantage of during a game."
It's good to hear that he doesn't want to pass more just to show off. I think we will be a more balanced offense this year, but not necessarily every game. It looks like we'll use the "take what they give you" approach more, instead of trying to force the running game even when its not working. Ben will be throwing more on first downs, which should take some of the pressure off him.

siss 08-09-2006 08:01 PM

That is a great article. I have read some really good stuff from him lately and not just about the Steelers.

Sharkissle29 08-09-2006 08:43 PM

Great read!

floodcitygirl 08-09-2006 10:45 PM

This is really great stuff Tony! Two of my favorite quotes..."if teams can't corral this big guy they will be in trouble" and "Steeler fans aren't worried about any of those issues" Woo Hoo!!!! :cool:

Haiku_Dirtt 08-10-2006 12:56 AM

It was posted but not as a new thread but a response to Kirwan's article about the Steelers riding to camp in school buses. If you haven't read that one Tony take the time to find it - he wrote it the day before. It is unforgettable. Timeless.

Kirwan and a couple others since have left Latrobe with the same thought. "Holy Crap...The Steelers are for real!!"

No surprise to us.

SteelerFanInCA 08-10-2006 11:45 AM

Great article. Great follow up to the first part Kirwan wrote.

"The world champs are headed back to the playoffs and should make a deep run"

Amen

AZ_Steeler 08-10-2006 01:07 PM

This is some great stuff! I'm not sure of this guys background or who his favorite team is, but I was really impressed with what he had to say. This article really makes up for the enquirer network of all of sports ESPN. Thanks for posting the link, I will be checking out some of this guys other articles!

tony hipchest 08-10-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
This is some great stuff! I'm not sure of this guys background or who his favorite team is, but I was really impressed with what he had to say. This article really makes up for the enquirer network of all of sports ESPN. Thanks for posting the link, I will be checking out some of this guys other articles!

Pat Kirwan
NFL.com Senior Analyst

An experienced coach and NFL front office executive, Pat Kirwan held several positions with the Jets from 1989-97, including defensive assistant coach, assistant pro personnel director and director of player administration. He has managed the salary cap, negotiated player contracts and trades, and evaluated pro and college personnel. Prior to joining the Jets, Pat was a scout for the Buccaneers and Cardinals as well as the offensive coordinator at Hofstra University. He most recently wrote for CNNSi.

check out some of his stories posted in the 2 te set thread located in the steelers forum. great reads pertaining to the steelers.