Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ravens fan here just want to say a few things (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93826)

mmaeastcoast 11-19-2012 11:14 AM

Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
First off, before you guys bite my head off, I just want to say I RESPECT your team and the organization. Our teams are very much built the same way...

I've been reading a lot of articles and posts about how Joe sucks and people call him JOE FLUCKO...lets just go to last night, Joe was pretty on point for the most part but the WRs weren't on the same page, on a few passes Joe threw the ball in one spot and the guy was in a different spot. He ended the game with a 62% completion percentage. On another play that would have been a long TD pass Boldin stopped running late in his route on a ball that was catchable in the endzone. Torrey Smith does this it seems every game...its not that Joe Flacco sucks, its that all 11 guys have to be on the same page.

Joe is the man imo, he's probably the toughest QB in the league and he never misses a game, last year he outplayed Tom Brady, he threw the game winning TD but Lee Evans just didnt secure it and had it knocked out, then the kicker who shall not be named shanked it wide left and thats all she wrote. Some of you act like Joe is trash and will never lead us to the Superbowl when in fact he already has. Yes, I know we actually didnt make it but he led us there, he did everything needed to put us there...well other than throwing the pass running down the field and catching it himself. At times it felt like thats what he needed to do. Since Joe came on board this Ravens/Steelers rivalry has been much more even. I respect you guys and your team and it'd be nice if you'd respect our guys as well but I know how defeat feels and I cant blame you for being angry.

As far as the run game last night you guys blew us up, our OL is poor at run blocking and Rice hasnt been running like himself for whatever reason it wasnt just last night.

Let me remind you, YES we are not playing our best football right now..but neither were the GIants until late last year when they made it as a Wild Card and road that hot streak all the way to the Super bowl, the Packers did something simillar a few years ago too....so its not how you start, you dont want to peak in week 5, its how you finish...Id be perfectly fine struggling but pulling out wins and then hit on all cylinders come playoff time. They say Matt Ryan has ice in his veins but he melts under the pressure of the playoffs. Flacco has no pulse when big games come and there's no QB I'd rather have on my team.

I'm sure we'll be seeing you in the playoffs IF Ben gets healthy and I look forward to seeing you at the BANK in two weeks. Good luck

(sorry, i didnt mean to write a novel)

:wave:

StainlessStill 11-19-2012 11:17 AM

Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
Cya in 2 weeks.

Fire Arians 11-19-2012 11:20 AM

Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
sucks that ben was injured, it would have been a more exciting game

stb_steeler 11-19-2012 11:26 AM

Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1050952)
sucks that ben was injured, it would have been a more exciting game

It would have been a whole different story then :wink02:

Edman 11-19-2012 12:00 PM

Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
The AFC is wide open this year. The Ravens are 8-2 and will more than likely win the North again, but whoever gets healthy and hot at the right time will win. This is looking more and more like one of those years. Right now, the Steelers just have to wait on Ben to return.

Curtiss pittb86t 11-19-2012 12:07 PM

Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 1050986)
The AFC is wide open this year. The Ravens are 8-2 and will more than likely win the North again, but whoever gets healthy and hot at the right time will win. This is looking more and more like one of those years. Right now, the Steelers just have to wait on Ben to return.

The Ravens are up two games in the division, Denver is up three games in the division, and New England is up three games in the division. I am not sure if I get what you are saying about the AFC being wide open. It is pretty cut and dry that the Steelers can easily screw this up and not make a wild card bit.

whitejw07 11-19-2012 12:08 PM

Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
Flacco still sucks. He couldn't create one offensive TD for the Ravens last night. He hasn't led the Ravens to the Super Bowl. Yeah he's been close, but if close counted then Jim Kelly would have a ring or two on his hand. You wouldn't want anyone besides Flacco leading your team? This is where it just gets funny. Toughest qb in the league? Pretty sure that he plays for us.

Yes, Flacco is better than the quarterbacks you had before. But he's not elite and you talk as though he's a lot better than he is. He had fewer passing yards than Leftwich last night. Leftwich at least created a touchdown for our offense. Don't come on here advocating for Flacco when Leftwich matched/outplayed him last night. Flacco has been an inconsistent game-manager throughout his career, nothing more.

I had numerous friends (non-Steelers fans) tell me last night that they couldn't believe how bad Flacco was. I've also told these same friends for the last few years that Flacco is a bum and he's no better than the average QB in this league. Right now, Dalton is threatening to take his spot as second-best QB in the division.

whitty hutton 11-19-2012 12:15 PM

Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by whitejw07 (Post 1050992)
Flacco still sucks. He couldn't create one offensive TD for the Ravens last night. He hasn't led the Ravens to the Super Bowl. Yeah he's been close, but if close counted then Jim Kelly would have a ring or two on his hand. You wouldn't want anyone besides Flacco leading your team? This is where it just gets funny. Toughest qb in the league? Pretty sure that he plays for us.

Yes, Flacco is better than the quarterbacks you had before. But he's not elite and you talk as though he's a lot better than he is. He had fewer passing yards than Leftwich last night. Leftwich at least created a touchdown for our offense. Don't come on here advocating for Flacco when Leftwich matched/outplayed him last night. Flacco has been an inconsistent game-manager throughout his career, nothing more.

I had numerous friends (non-Steelers fans) tell me last night that they couldn't believe how bad Flacco was. I've also told these same friends for the last few years that Flacco is a bum and he's no better than the average QB in this league. Right now, Dalton is threatening to take his spot as second-best QB in the division.

Can't blame Joe for Lee Evans

Terminator 11-19-2012 12:23 PM

Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
Why are there so many Ravens fans on Steelers Fever today?

Edman 11-19-2012 12:27 PM

Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtiss pittb86t (Post 1050991)
The Ravens are up two games in the division, Denver is up three games in the division, and New England is up three games in the division. I am not sure if I get what you are saying about the AFC being wide open. It is pretty cut and dry that the Steelers can easily screw this up and not make a wild card bit.

It's "wide open" in the sense that all of those teams are quite beatable. Houston is by and far the team to beat in the AFC.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum