Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Byron Leftwich has 2 broken ribs - unlikely to start (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93839)

Fire Haley 11-19-2012 02:52 PM

Byron Leftwich has 2 broken ribs - unlikely to start

ESPN reports Byron Leftwich fractured two ribs in Sunday's loss, and is unlikely to start in Week 12.

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich fractured two ribs early in Sunday night's 13-10 loss to the Ravens and is unlikely to start this week, according to team and league sources.

The team will prepare veteran Charlie Batch as the Pittsburgh Steelers' third starting quarterback in as many games when they play the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, the sources added.

In addition to his fractured ribs, Leftwich later hurt his shoulder but the sources said it was not believed to be as detrimental as the rib injuries.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...ly-sources-say

---------------------

The season rests with Charlie now....he better not fuck up too

Unkindness 11-19-2012 02:55 PM

Re: Byron Leftwich has 2 broken ribs - unlikely to start

I am NO Steelers fan, but my side was hurting watching that guy suffer.

I really wanted him out getting some relief. It was unfair to leave him him. Particularly with the seriousness of Ben's rib injury.

Stu Pidasso 11-19-2012 02:55 PM

I better start buying stock in whoever makes the gray hoodies and sweats....

Fire Haley 11-19-2012 02:58 PM

bring back Dennis Dixon

Fire Arians 11-19-2012 03:06 PM

he should have been yanked out of the game, he was in obvious pain and throwing ducks all day

Fire Arians 11-19-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkindness (Post 1051132)
I am NO Steelers fan, but my side was hurting watching that guy suffer.

I really wanted him out getting some relief. It was unfair to leave him him. Particularly with the seriousness of Ben's rib injury.

They're probably used to seeing ben and how gritty he is. leftwich is also tough but he's not ben in any way shape or form. i was wondering why tomlin didn't at least acknowledge the injury

austinfrench76 11-19-2012 03:09 PM

I know this sounds like a dick thing to say but that sucks that he kept himself in teh game. That lame duck throw to Gilreath killed us. He hurt his team by trying to be superman. I mean, I get that these guys are wired a certain way but he had to know he was not able to make some of teh trhows that he needed too. And Tomlin needs to recognize his guy is hurt, Byron is not Ben, and take him out. Charlie was there and ready to go. It cost us the game. Even Collinsworth was commenting on how bad some of the throws were. Damn!

Blackout 11-19-2012 03:09 PM

Wonder what reason Tomlin has for not pulling him and putting in Batch.

i guess the alternative isn't as good lol.

desertsteel 11-19-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1051143)
he should have been yanked out of the game, he was in obvious pain and throwing ducks all day

Yeah that ball he fired on his first pass was his normal throw and everything after that was 70% at best. I've been a Leftwich supporter over the years but he looked bad and the bottom line is that he cannot stay healthy under any circumstance.

SoCalFan 11-19-2012 03:11 PM

I broke some ribs in a dirtbike accident, could not breathe! Dont know how he did it? Batch it is!