Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Reed Suspended for Sanders Hit (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93856)

Darkstorm05 11-19-2012 06:10 PM

Reed Suspended for Sanders Hit

Ed Reed gone for repeated headshots on defenseless receivers. IMO, since it was our guy that earned him the vacation, they should make it for our next game against them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...me-illegal-hit

TRH 11-19-2012 06:27 PM

Re: Reed Suspended for Sanders Hit

bad, bad, bad move on the part of the league. His one-day game pay is $423K.. It's not a near half-million dollar penalty.
The league is dancing with fire doing this to Reed and with the way they've treated James Harrison.

They were just discussing on ESPN that one big problem with this is that the league will have to treat each and every player with "3 hits", accident or not, equally. They're setting a precedent.
This is not good for Reed, not good for the game, not good for any team or player......its just another step toward the day when you won't even be able to hit someone with any type of force.
I didn't agree with the treatment of Harrison and i now dont' agree with the treatment of Reed. Ryan Clark will be the next one.

Darkstorm05 11-19-2012 06:39 PM

The union came up short on this. They should have refused to sign any deal that didn't include outside arbitration and appeals, with players or former players on the panel. Right now it's all Goodell.

Unkindness 11-19-2012 07:11 PM

I can't believe the length of time they look back to define "repeat offender". These guys hit each other multiple times/game 16 games or more per year.

Reed is a repeat offender because of a hit in 2010. Total crap.

(He did lead with his head last night. I am not buying that the Steeler lowered his head--he did--but Reed was leading with his head.)

The penalty was good. The suspension was not.

BlaZeQuietly 11-19-2012 07:44 PM

Even though it's against a raven, I still think the NFL needs to butt out. Leave Reed AND Harrison alone.

teegre 11-19-2012 09:12 PM

I posted this in the other thread, but it bears repeating.

It was "penalty worthy", because it was indeed helmet-to-helmet, but it was not a "dirty" hit. Ed Reed does NOT head-hunt.

I hate the Ravens, but I think that Ed Reed being suspended is an effing joke!!! Give him a fine (for hitting "too high"), but to suspend him... really???

Man I'm starting to think that Goodell is actually Vince McMahon.

teegre 11-19-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkindness (Post 1051317)
I can't believe the length of time they look back to define "repeat offender". These guys hit each other multiple times/game 16 games or more per year.

Reed is a repeat offender because of a hit in 2010. Total crap.

(He did lead with his head last night. I am not buying that the Steeler lowered his head--he did--but Reed was leading with his head.)

The penalty was good. The suspension was not.

Exactly. There HAS to be a time-frame. Otherwise, if Ray Lewis hit a dude in 1996, and then in 2004, and just now (2012)... by Goodell's rules, he would be suspended. Ridiculous!!!

And, I loathe Ray Lewis... so, that's saying something.

Terminator 11-19-2012 09:23 PM

Goodell is a twat, and I don't think Ed Reed is a "dirty" player, per say, but he is constantly trying to light someone up rather than making a form tackle. Ravens get no sympathy from me. With the amount of people that called for James Harrison's expulsion from the NFL, I honestly don't give a crap.

FacemeIke 11-19-2012 09:28 PM

Goodell is ruining the game. The game is not played in slow motion. Both Reed and Sanders were airborn at the time of the hit and sometimes helmet to helmet happens.

THe most dangerous hit of the night was the chop block on Hampton. But Goodell won't do anything about that becuase it helps the offense and Goodell gets off on the league having more offense.

Steelersfan4life0655 11-19-2012 10:38 PM

the penalty was just. but the suspension is a crock of Sh*t!! a nice fine would have been just in this hit. but suspenion is over kill!